'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Director Sam Taylor-Johnson's Home Visited By Police
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 11:41 AM EST
In addition to the hot script of "Fifty Shades of Grey," director Sam Taylor-Johnson also has a machine-gun at her home, which got policemen knocking at her door to investigate. Acccording to reports, a passer-by reported about the gun after he saw it through the window. The gun, a "decommissioned M16 assault rifle", turned out be a part of an art project.
Photographer and director Sam Taylor-Wood and actor Aaron Johnson arrive to attend the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 13, 2011.
E! Online has reported that on Thursday night, the local police paid a visit to the renowned director's house, after they received a call from a citizen about an M16 rifle inside her property. The director, however, was not arrested, handcuffed and taken to prison, as the gun turned out to be a harmless art piece.
"Police were called at 23:40 hours on Thursday 28 by a member of the public reporting they had seen from the street what they thought was a firearm sitting on a desk by the window of property," London Metropolitan Police told E! News. "Local officers and officers from Metropolitan police attended. The owner was not home at the time, a key holder was contacted and let police in the property. It was confirmed the firearm was a deactivated M16 rifle. No arrests were made."
A rep of the director also released a statement to Herald Scotland.
"The firearm was located in Sam Taylor-Johnson's basement studio and has been confirmed as a certified and fully decommissioned M16 assault rifle that was provided to Mrs Taylor-Johnson by the international charity Peace One Day as part of an art project entitled 'Peace One Day M16. The project, curated by Jake Chapman, consists of new works by some of the most celebrated names in contemporary art all of whom are transforming fully decommissioned M16 assault rifles."
Meanwhile, the Fifty Shades, one of the anticipated films of the year, recently released its trailer. It was the biggest online teaser launch ever, garnering hundreds of millions views the first week it was uploaded. In a span of an hour, Twitter already logged 100,000 mentions of the Fifty Shades on that day. It was a trending topic across the U.S. and other parts of the world such as UK, Canada, France, and Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia