'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Director Sam Taylor-Johnson's Home Visited By Police
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 11:41 AM EST
In addition to the hot script of "Fifty Shades of Grey," director Sam Taylor-Johnson also has a machine-gun at her home, which got policemen knocking at her door to investigate. Acccording to reports, a passer-by reported about the gun after he saw it through the window. The gun, a "decommissioned M16 assault rifle", turned out be a part of an art project.
Photographer and director Sam Taylor-Wood and actor Aaron Johnson arrive to attend the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 13, 2011.
E! Online has reported that on Thursday night, the local police paid a visit to the renowned director's house, after they received a call from a citizen about an M16 rifle inside her property. The director, however, was not arrested, handcuffed and taken to prison, as the gun turned out to be a harmless art piece.
"Police were called at 23:40 hours on Thursday 28 by a member of the public reporting they had seen from the street what they thought was a firearm sitting on a desk by the window of property," London Metropolitan Police told E! News. "Local officers and officers from Metropolitan police attended. The owner was not home at the time, a key holder was contacted and let police in the property. It was confirmed the firearm was a deactivated M16 rifle. No arrests were made."
A rep of the director also released a statement to Herald Scotland.
"The firearm was located in Sam Taylor-Johnson's basement studio and has been confirmed as a certified and fully decommissioned M16 assault rifle that was provided to Mrs Taylor-Johnson by the international charity Peace One Day as part of an art project entitled 'Peace One Day M16. The project, curated by Jake Chapman, consists of new works by some of the most celebrated names in contemporary art all of whom are transforming fully decommissioned M16 assault rifles."
Meanwhile, the Fifty Shades, one of the anticipated films of the year, recently released its trailer. It was the biggest online teaser launch ever, garnering hundreds of millions views the first week it was uploaded. In a span of an hour, Twitter already logged 100,000 mentions of the Fifty Shades on that day. It was a trending topic across the U.S. and other parts of the world such as UK, Canada, France, and Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop