'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Director Sam Taylor-Johnson's Home Visited By Police
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 11:41 AM EST
In addition to the hot script of "Fifty Shades of Grey," director Sam Taylor-Johnson also has a machine-gun at her home, which got policemen knocking at her door to investigate. Acccording to reports, a passer-by reported about the gun after he saw it through the window. The gun, a "decommissioned M16 assault rifle", turned out be a part of an art project.
Photographer and director Sam Taylor-Wood and actor Aaron Johnson arrive to attend the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 13, 2011.
E! Online has reported that on Thursday night, the local police paid a visit to the renowned director's house, after they received a call from a citizen about an M16 rifle inside her property. The director, however, was not arrested, handcuffed and taken to prison, as the gun turned out to be a harmless art piece.
"Police were called at 23:40 hours on Thursday 28 by a member of the public reporting they had seen from the street what they thought was a firearm sitting on a desk by the window of property," London Metropolitan Police told E! News. "Local officers and officers from Metropolitan police attended. The owner was not home at the time, a key holder was contacted and let police in the property. It was confirmed the firearm was a deactivated M16 rifle. No arrests were made."
A rep of the director also released a statement to Herald Scotland.
"The firearm was located in Sam Taylor-Johnson's basement studio and has been confirmed as a certified and fully decommissioned M16 assault rifle that was provided to Mrs Taylor-Johnson by the international charity Peace One Day as part of an art project entitled 'Peace One Day M16. The project, curated by Jake Chapman, consists of new works by some of the most celebrated names in contemporary art all of whom are transforming fully decommissioned M16 assault rifles."
Meanwhile, the Fifty Shades, one of the anticipated films of the year, recently released its trailer. It was the biggest online teaser launch ever, garnering hundreds of millions views the first week it was uploaded. In a span of an hour, Twitter already logged 100,000 mentions of the Fifty Shades on that day. It was a trending topic across the U.S. and other parts of the world such as UK, Canada, France, and Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best