'The Big Bang Theory': Tension Likely Between Sheldon, Amy in Season 8, Episode 1 And Sheldon, Penny Joke About Pixie-Haircut
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 30, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy in "The Big Bang Theory," has spilled some spoilers about the upcoming Season 8 of the show. She has revealed that it is not all good between Sheldon and Amy in the first episode of the upcoming season, which is titled "Locomotion Interruption."
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
In the last season, Sheldon was set to get on a train to get out of Pasadena. He later called up Amy from an undisclosed location. Sheldon will not be missing for too long, as he is going to appear in the first episode. The synopsis reveals that Leonard and Amy will be heading to Arizona to pick Sheldon.
Speaking about Sheldon and Amy's relationship in the new season, Bialik said to Glamour that there is "tension in the first episode." The episode will also deal with how Sheldon's decision to exit Pasadena has affected his relationship with Amy.
The new season will also see Penny taking up a new job, which has nothing to do with acting or serving in a restaurant. She will get a job in Bernadette's company as pharmaceutical representative. Bialik said to Glamour that she loves Penny's new job change and thinks that it is "awesome" for the actress playing the role, Kaley Cuoco.
Penny has "always been the socially dominant one in our character dynamic, so I think it's really special that she'll be competing in a different arena," Bialik said.
The actress spilled a little spoiler about episode 2. She said that her character Amy is going to "pit Bernadette and Penny against each other."
Meanwhile, for the first time, Penny is going to sport pixie-haircut in "The Big Bang Theory." Bialik told Glamour, "they joke about it [pixie-haircut] in the first episode between her and Sheldon. It's fun."
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 premiers, with two episodes, on Sept. 22, 2014. Here is the official synopsis of the first episode, "The Locomotion Interruption": "Leonard and Amy take an unexpected road trip to Arizona to pick up Sheldon. Meanwhile, Penny interviews for a job at Bernadette's company and Howard is weirded out by Stuart's relationship with Mrs. Wolowitz"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS