'The Big Bang Theory': Tension Likely Between Sheldon, Amy in Season 8, Episode 1 And Sheldon, Penny Joke About Pixie-Haircut
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 30, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy in "The Big Bang Theory," has spilled some spoilers about the upcoming Season 8 of the show. She has revealed that it is not all good between Sheldon and Amy in the first episode of the upcoming season, which is titled "Locomotion Interruption."
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
In the last season, Sheldon was set to get on a train to get out of Pasadena. He later called up Amy from an undisclosed location. Sheldon will not be missing for too long, as he is going to appear in the first episode. The synopsis reveals that Leonard and Amy will be heading to Arizona to pick Sheldon.
Speaking about Sheldon and Amy's relationship in the new season, Bialik said to Glamour that there is "tension in the first episode." The episode will also deal with how Sheldon's decision to exit Pasadena has affected his relationship with Amy.
The new season will also see Penny taking up a new job, which has nothing to do with acting or serving in a restaurant. She will get a job in Bernadette's company as pharmaceutical representative. Bialik said to Glamour that she loves Penny's new job change and thinks that it is "awesome" for the actress playing the role, Kaley Cuoco.
Penny has "always been the socially dominant one in our character dynamic, so I think it's really special that she'll be competing in a different arena," Bialik said.
The actress spilled a little spoiler about episode 2. She said that her character Amy is going to "pit Bernadette and Penny against each other."
Meanwhile, for the first time, Penny is going to sport pixie-haircut in "The Big Bang Theory." Bialik told Glamour, "they joke about it [pixie-haircut] in the first episode between her and Sheldon. It's fun."
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 premiers, with two episodes, on Sept. 22, 2014. Here is the official synopsis of the first episode, "The Locomotion Interruption": "Leonard and Amy take an unexpected road trip to Arizona to pick up Sheldon. Meanwhile, Penny interviews for a job at Bernadette's company and Howard is weirded out by Stuart's relationship with Mrs. Wolowitz"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy