'The Big Bang Theory': Tension Likely Between Sheldon, Amy in Season 8, Episode 1 And Sheldon, Penny Joke About Pixie-Haircut
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 30, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy in "The Big Bang Theory," has spilled some spoilers about the upcoming Season 8 of the show. She has revealed that it is not all good between Sheldon and Amy in the first episode of the upcoming season, which is titled "Locomotion Interruption."
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
In the last season, Sheldon was set to get on a train to get out of Pasadena. He later called up Amy from an undisclosed location. Sheldon will not be missing for too long, as he is going to appear in the first episode. The synopsis reveals that Leonard and Amy will be heading to Arizona to pick Sheldon.
Speaking about Sheldon and Amy's relationship in the new season, Bialik said to Glamour that there is "tension in the first episode." The episode will also deal with how Sheldon's decision to exit Pasadena has affected his relationship with Amy.
The new season will also see Penny taking up a new job, which has nothing to do with acting or serving in a restaurant. She will get a job in Bernadette's company as pharmaceutical representative. Bialik said to Glamour that she loves Penny's new job change and thinks that it is "awesome" for the actress playing the role, Kaley Cuoco.
Penny has "always been the socially dominant one in our character dynamic, so I think it's really special that she'll be competing in a different arena," Bialik said.
The actress spilled a little spoiler about episode 2. She said that her character Amy is going to "pit Bernadette and Penny against each other."
Meanwhile, for the first time, Penny is going to sport pixie-haircut in "The Big Bang Theory." Bialik told Glamour, "they joke about it [pixie-haircut] in the first episode between her and Sheldon. It's fun."
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 premiers, with two episodes, on Sept. 22, 2014. Here is the official synopsis of the first episode, "The Locomotion Interruption": "Leonard and Amy take an unexpected road trip to Arizona to pick up Sheldon. Meanwhile, Penny interviews for a job at Bernadette's company and Howard is weirded out by Stuart's relationship with Mrs. Wolowitz"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date