Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 30, 2014 10:38 AM EST
The OnePlus One smartphone is easily one of the best devices released in 2014 thus far. However, the company OnePlus made the purchase of its killer handset tougher by opting for invitation-only orders/purchase. But now, the device manufacturer has realized its mistake. Is it too late?
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Apparently, OnePlus organized an AMA event, also known as "Ask Me Anything" session in Reddit. The company announced during the session that the invite-based system for its OnePlus One handset will be put to rest around October. The current model will be replaced by the regular pre-order system, according to Phone Arena.
Earlier this year, OnePlus decided to get rid of the not-so-impressive purchase model by September. However, due to some unprecedented events the delay in announcement became inevitable. The point to be noted is, come September/October time frame, many killer devices from Samsung, Apple, Google and Sony will be released one-after-the-other. The OnePlus One, on the other hand, competed with all the high-end devices released during Q2 and positioned itself alongside the toppers. But now, the device will have too many competitors to deal with. Here are some of the devices waiting to be released or launched in the aforementioned time frame - Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Alpha, Nexus 6/X, Moto X+1, Moto G2 and a slew of devices from Sony including the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.
Apart from the decision change, the company also announced that the "Voice Wake-up" feature will be added to the OnePlus One handset. This feature is based on Qualcomm's wake-up technology. OnePlus had promised earlier that the key feature will be included in the device within a couple of months.
Readers who would like to purchase the OnePlus One device in future can check out the killer specifications and features:
- A 5.5-inch IPS LCD display
- 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution and 401 ppi pixel strength
- A powerful 2.5 GHz quad-core (Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor
- 3 GB of RAM
- Killer combination of Android OS 4.4 KitKat along with CyanogenMod 11S UI
- 16 GB or 64 GB of internal storage capacity
- No microSD card slot for expansion
- A 13 MP primary camera and dual-LED flash support
- A 5 MP front-facing shooter
- Capable of 4K (3,840 x 2,160) video recording
- 3100-mAh battery unit (non-removable)
- Supports NFC
- White and black colour options
Would you be interested in purchasing this device? Feel free to leave a comment.
1. Super-Slim Samsung Galaxy Alpha Promo Showcases Ravishing Metallic Design Of The Handset [Watch Video] - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]