Blake Lively Celebrates "Bee-Day": Attacked By Bees Before 27th Birthday
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Blake Lively will forever remember her 27th birthday, as she got attacked by bees on the day. In her own lifestyle blog, the former "Gossip Girl" star shares details about her experience of a swarm of bees, as ended-up being shaken and swollen, but happy.
Reuters/ Yves Herman
Actress Blake Lively poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film
Blake Lively wrote that she's been busy shooting content for Preserve for the past months. However, on the last day of the shoot, she suddenly experienced an "electrick shock of energy." She joked that maybe it was nerves and excitement combined because she is about to turn a year older. But no, this was actually painful, she wrote.
"But this felt terrible," she wrote on her blog. "Does your butt quite suddenly (and painfully) deflate when you turn 27? Because mine hurt like hell ...then my neck, back, legs and forehead. And oh my hands! They were shriveling. It felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts. I felt like the Wicked Witch, melting, melting, burning, melting."
Turns out she's talking about being attacked by bees.
"I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers," Lively blogged. "What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and h ands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
The attack of the bees, however, did not dampen her excitement to celebrate her 27th birthday. She said that she was both shaken and swollen after the attacked, but she was still able to throw a spur-of-the-moment 27th birthday party. Blake was able to prepare a vanilla cake and set a beautiful table all by herself.
Blake Lively also shared the epiphany that she had after the attack. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number," Blake wrote. "Each day I choose my age. Today it's 27, going on 2."
At 27, Blake Lively is a wife to Ryan Reynolds, and she admitted she wants to be a mother to a horde of kids someday, maybe 30 of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine