Blake Lively Celebrates "Bee-Day": Attacked By Bees Before 27th Birthday
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Blake Lively will forever remember her 27th birthday, as she got attacked by bees on the day. In her own lifestyle blog, the former "Gossip Girl" star shares details about her experience of a swarm of bees, as ended-up being shaken and swollen, but happy.
Reuters/ Yves Herman
Actress Blake Lively poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film
Blake Lively wrote that she's been busy shooting content for Preserve for the past months. However, on the last day of the shoot, she suddenly experienced an "electrick shock of energy." She joked that maybe it was nerves and excitement combined because she is about to turn a year older. But no, this was actually painful, she wrote.
"But this felt terrible," she wrote on her blog. "Does your butt quite suddenly (and painfully) deflate when you turn 27? Because mine hurt like hell ...then my neck, back, legs and forehead. And oh my hands! They were shriveling. It felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts. I felt like the Wicked Witch, melting, melting, burning, melting."
Turns out she's talking about being attacked by bees.
"I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers," Lively blogged. "What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and h ands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
The attack of the bees, however, did not dampen her excitement to celebrate her 27th birthday. She said that she was both shaken and swollen after the attacked, but she was still able to throw a spur-of-the-moment 27th birthday party. Blake was able to prepare a vanilla cake and set a beautiful table all by herself.
Blake Lively also shared the epiphany that she had after the attack. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number," Blake wrote. "Each day I choose my age. Today it's 27, going on 2."
At 27, Blake Lively is a wife to Ryan Reynolds, and she admitted she wants to be a mother to a horde of kids someday, maybe 30 of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage