Blake Lively Celebrates "Bee-Day": Attacked By Bees Before 27th Birthday
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Blake Lively will forever remember her 27th birthday, as she got attacked by bees on the day. In her own lifestyle blog, the former "Gossip Girl" star shares details about her experience of a swarm of bees, as ended-up being shaken and swollen, but happy.
Reuters/ Yves Herman
Actress Blake Lively poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film
Blake Lively wrote that she's been busy shooting content for Preserve for the past months. However, on the last day of the shoot, she suddenly experienced an "electrick shock of energy." She joked that maybe it was nerves and excitement combined because she is about to turn a year older. But no, this was actually painful, she wrote.
"But this felt terrible," she wrote on her blog. "Does your butt quite suddenly (and painfully) deflate when you turn 27? Because mine hurt like hell ...then my neck, back, legs and forehead. And oh my hands! They were shriveling. It felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts. I felt like the Wicked Witch, melting, melting, burning, melting."
Turns out she's talking about being attacked by bees.
"I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers," Lively blogged. "What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and h ands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
The attack of the bees, however, did not dampen her excitement to celebrate her 27th birthday. She said that she was both shaken and swollen after the attacked, but she was still able to throw a spur-of-the-moment 27th birthday party. Blake was able to prepare a vanilla cake and set a beautiful table all by herself.
Blake Lively also shared the epiphany that she had after the attack. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number," Blake wrote. "Each day I choose my age. Today it's 27, going on 2."
At 27, Blake Lively is a wife to Ryan Reynolds, and she admitted she wants to be a mother to a horde of kids someday, maybe 30 of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles