Blake Lively Celebrates "Bee-Day": Attacked By Bees Before 27th Birthday
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Blake Lively will forever remember her 27th birthday, as she got attacked by bees on the day. In her own lifestyle blog, the former "Gossip Girl" star shares details about her experience of a swarm of bees, as ended-up being shaken and swollen, but happy.
Reuters/ Yves Herman
Actress Blake Lively poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film
Blake Lively wrote that she's been busy shooting content for Preserve for the past months. However, on the last day of the shoot, she suddenly experienced an "electrick shock of energy." She joked that maybe it was nerves and excitement combined because she is about to turn a year older. But no, this was actually painful, she wrote.
"But this felt terrible," she wrote on her blog. "Does your butt quite suddenly (and painfully) deflate when you turn 27? Because mine hurt like hell ...then my neck, back, legs and forehead. And oh my hands! They were shriveling. It felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts. I felt like the Wicked Witch, melting, melting, burning, melting."
Turns out she's talking about being attacked by bees.
"I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers," Lively blogged. "What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and h ands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
The attack of the bees, however, did not dampen her excitement to celebrate her 27th birthday. She said that she was both shaken and swollen after the attacked, but she was still able to throw a spur-of-the-moment 27th birthday party. Blake was able to prepare a vanilla cake and set a beautiful table all by herself.
Blake Lively also shared the epiphany that she had after the attack. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number," Blake wrote. "Each day I choose my age. Today it's 27, going on 2."
At 27, Blake Lively is a wife to Ryan Reynolds, and she admitted she wants to be a mother to a horde of kids someday, maybe 30 of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change