Blake Lively Celebrates "Bee-Day": Attacked By Bees Before 27th Birthday
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Blake Lively will forever remember her 27th birthday, as she got attacked by bees on the day. In her own lifestyle blog, the former "Gossip Girl" star shares details about her experience of a swarm of bees, as ended-up being shaken and swollen, but happy.
Reuters/ Yves Herman
Actress Blake Lively poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film
Blake Lively wrote that she's been busy shooting content for Preserve for the past months. However, on the last day of the shoot, she suddenly experienced an "electrick shock of energy." She joked that maybe it was nerves and excitement combined because she is about to turn a year older. But no, this was actually painful, she wrote.
"But this felt terrible," she wrote on her blog. "Does your butt quite suddenly (and painfully) deflate when you turn 27? Because mine hurt like hell ...then my neck, back, legs and forehead. And oh my hands! They were shriveling. It felt like I was being shot by dozens of tiny invisible darts. I felt like the Wicked Witch, melting, melting, burning, melting."
Turns out she's talking about being attacked by bees.
"I don't know enough about insects to say if they were wasps, honeybees or Mother Nature's miniature flying tasers," Lively blogged. "What I DO know, is that just moments before we were in the midst of a gorgeous fall fashion shoot. Now, I was a Monty Python sketch; running at top speed in no particular direction, whipping my arms and h ands around like I'd just discovered they were growing out of my shoulders without my previous knowledge."
The attack of the bees, however, did not dampen her excitement to celebrate her 27th birthday. She said that she was both shaken and swollen after the attacked, but she was still able to throw a spur-of-the-moment 27th birthday party. Blake was able to prepare a vanilla cake and set a beautiful table all by herself.
Blake Lively also shared the epiphany that she had after the attack. "It took a swarm of bees to remind me that a b-day is nothing but a number," Blake wrote. "Each day I choose my age. Today it's 27, going on 2."
At 27, Blake Lively is a wife to Ryan Reynolds, and she admitted she wants to be a mother to a horde of kids someday, maybe 30 of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert