Nokia Lumia 530 (Dual-SIM) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Dual-SIM): Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 30, 2014 10:15 AM EST
The Nokia Lumia 530 was announced in July and expected to be released in Q3 2014. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S, meanwhile, has recently been launched in India. Nevertheless, there is no information available to ascertain the release date in other parts of the globe at this point. Readers who are interested in the budget-friendly Nokia Lumia 530 or the Xiaomi Redmi 1S should check out this comparison.
Three models of China's Xiaomi Mi phones are pictured during their launch in New Delhi July 15, 2014. China's Xiaomi said it intends to invest heavily in India as the budget smartphone maker launched on Tuesday its flagship Mi phone and other products in the world's third largest smartphone market, currently dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
Display, Exterior And Size
The Nokia Lumia 530 features a 4.0-inch TFT display with 480 x 854 pixels screen resolution. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S , on the other hand, comes with a much-bigger 4.7-inch IPS LCD display and 720 x 1,280 pixels resolution. The pixel densities of the Nokia Lumia 530 and the Xiaomi Redmi 1S handsets stand at 245 ppi and 312 ppi respectively.
When it comes to exterior, the sharp angular plastic edges of the predecessor Nokia Lumia 520 are altered to provide rounded corners in the upcoming Lumia 530. Apart from this minor difference, both the phones come with similar size and look, according to Tech Radar. Although, there is not much revealed on the exterior design of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S, the device comes with a premium-looking exterior. Moreover, Xiaomi Redmi's matte-effect laden back panel is alterable. The company is planning to offer colourful back panels for INR 459 that roughly translates to US$7 and AU$8.
The thickness and the weight of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S are 0.39-inch and 158 g respectively, whereas the Nokia Lumia 530 is 0.46-inch thick and weighs 129 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
The Nokia Lumia 530 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S, on the other hand, is powered by a relatively superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.6 GHz. The Xiaomi handset houses a good 1 GB of RAM, while the Lumia 530 houses a meagre 512 MB of RAM. Also, the Nokia Lumia 530 runs on Windows Phone 8.1 OS, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 1S runs on Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean) along with MIUI v5.
Also, the Lumia 530 comes with 4 GB of internal storage, whereas the Xiaomi device comes with 8 GB of in-built storage. Both the phones support microSD card for expansion. However, the expansion limits of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S and the Lumia 530 stand at 32 GB and 128 GB respectively.
Camera And Battery
While the Lumia 530 sports a 5 MP rear-facing camera with no LED flash, the Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone features a good 8 MP unit with LED flash. In addition, the Redmi 1S comes with a 1.6 MP front-facing camera unit, whereas the Lumia 530 does not come with a secondary unit.
Furthermore, the Nokia Lumia 530 comes equipped with a Li-Ion 1430 mAh battery unit, while the Redmi 1S features a solid Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery unit.
1. Both the phones come equipped with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and microUSB support.
2. Also, both the handsets support dual-SIM. While the Nokia handset houses micro-SIM, the Xiaomi handset houses mini-SIM.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S is priced at INR 5,999 in India (roughly translates to US$99 and AU$106). The Nokia Lumia 530, on the other hand, is priced at €85 (roughly translates to US$113 and AU$122). It is worth noting that, the quoted price of the Lumia 530 is before taxes and subsidies, says Tech Radar.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports