From Supernatural to Arrow: Actress Amy Gumenick Cast As Carrie Cutter aka Cupid In Arrow Season 3
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 30, 2014 9:47 AM EST
A familiar face from the CW TV series "Supernatural" joins the cast of "Arrow" Season 3. The latest casting reports revealed actress Amy Gumenick will be portraying the dangerous villain named Carrie Cutter or also known as Cupid, who has an obsessive crush on "The Arrow" in the comics, in the upcoming new season.
According to an Entertainment Weekly report, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that he always loved the concept of Green Arrow having a crazed fan so he created the character while working on the Green Arrow/Black Canary comic book series. The executive producer further added that his big goal while writing the comic book was to have a villain that would last.
"Cupid has since appeared in the DC Nation shorts on Cartoon Network, and to have her fight our TV Arrow is so much more than I ever could have hoped for the character," Kreisberg shared. A Hypable report claims Cupid is expected to make an appearance in the sixth and seventh episodes of "Arrow" Season 3.
CW fans will recognize actress Amy Gumencik, who will portray Cupid in "Arrow" Season 3, since she also starred in another CW TV series. From 2008 to 2010, the 28-year-old actress portrayed the young Mary Winchester, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean's (Jensen Ackles) mother, in "Supernatural."
Gumenick's other work credits include "Turn: Washington's Spies," "Ghost Whisperer," "How I Met Your Mother" and guest appearances on several series such as "CSI:NY," "CSI:Miami," "Grimm," "Castle" and Bones." Aside from Amy Gumenick, other celebrities will be joining "Arrow" Season 3 as guest stars.
According to a Screen Crush report, producers of the show have revealed that the guest stars will include "Glee" alum Nolan Funk who will portray Felicity Smoak's (Emily Bett Rickards) ex-boyfriend, Brandon Routh as tech magnate Ray Palmer or also known as "The Atom," J.R. Ramirez appearing as the DC superhero Wildcat, David Cubitt as Mark Shaw a.k.a Manhunter and "Real Steel" star Karl Yune portraying Oliver's flashback Hong Kong handler together with Rila Fukushima as DC's Katana who have replaced Devon Aoki.
"Arrow" Season 3 is scheduled to premiere on Wednesday night, Oct. 8, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Arrow' Season 3 Casts: Oliver Queen's New Mentor, 'Katana' Replaced - [READ]
Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Actress Donates TVD Atlanta Set Visit For Charity - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Arden Cho, Dylan O'Brien Tease Unexpected Story Twists And Death In The Finale - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks