From Supernatural to Arrow: Actress Amy Gumenick Cast As Carrie Cutter aka Cupid In Arrow Season 3
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 30, 2014 9:47 AM EST
A familiar face from the CW TV series "Supernatural" joins the cast of "Arrow" Season 3. The latest casting reports revealed actress Amy Gumenick will be portraying the dangerous villain named Carrie Cutter or also known as Cupid, who has an obsessive crush on "The Arrow" in the comics, in the upcoming new season.
According to an Entertainment Weekly report, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that he always loved the concept of Green Arrow having a crazed fan so he created the character while working on the Green Arrow/Black Canary comic book series. The executive producer further added that his big goal while writing the comic book was to have a villain that would last.
"Cupid has since appeared in the DC Nation shorts on Cartoon Network, and to have her fight our TV Arrow is so much more than I ever could have hoped for the character," Kreisberg shared. A Hypable report claims Cupid is expected to make an appearance in the sixth and seventh episodes of "Arrow" Season 3.
CW fans will recognize actress Amy Gumencik, who will portray Cupid in "Arrow" Season 3, since she also starred in another CW TV series. From 2008 to 2010, the 28-year-old actress portrayed the young Mary Winchester, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean's (Jensen Ackles) mother, in "Supernatural."
Gumenick's other work credits include "Turn: Washington's Spies," "Ghost Whisperer," "How I Met Your Mother" and guest appearances on several series such as "CSI:NY," "CSI:Miami," "Grimm," "Castle" and Bones." Aside from Amy Gumenick, other celebrities will be joining "Arrow" Season 3 as guest stars.
According to a Screen Crush report, producers of the show have revealed that the guest stars will include "Glee" alum Nolan Funk who will portray Felicity Smoak's (Emily Bett Rickards) ex-boyfriend, Brandon Routh as tech magnate Ray Palmer or also known as "The Atom," J.R. Ramirez appearing as the DC superhero Wildcat, David Cubitt as Mark Shaw a.k.a Manhunter and "Real Steel" star Karl Yune portraying Oliver's flashback Hong Kong handler together with Rila Fukushima as DC's Katana who have replaced Devon Aoki.
"Arrow" Season 3 is scheduled to premiere on Wednesday night, Oct. 8, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Arrow' Season 3 Casts: Oliver Queen's New Mentor, 'Katana' Replaced - [READ]
Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Actress Donates TVD Atlanta Set Visit For Charity - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Arden Cho, Dylan O'Brien Tease Unexpected Story Twists And Death In The Finale - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery