‘Orange Is The New Black’: Laverne Cox Talks About Season 3, Lorraine Toussaint Hopes Vee Is Not Dead
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 30, 2014 9:20 AM EST
Laverne Cox, who plays the trans inmate Sophia Burset in "Orange is the New Black," has revealed that the filming of Season 3 is expected to wrap up at the end of this year. She called it "amazing."
From left to right, actresses Uzo Aduba, Danielle Brooks, Laura Prepon, Laverne Cox and Natasha Lyonne pose with the Best Comedy Series award for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"We started shooting season three the first week of June," Cox said to MTV News, adding, "We should be done around the end of this year. It's amazing."
Lorraine Toussaint entered as the evil Vee in Season 2. She had a season long role and her character breathed her last in the final episode. The actress, however, is hoping that her character returns in Season 3.
"I've been told that Vee is dead. I was there when she got hit," she says, adding, "I don't know that [she] is dead, because she does survive. I've been saying: I think she's alive somewhere in the universe, which is hopefully nowhere near you and me," Toussaint said to Zap2it.
Meanwhile, in its first year at Emmys, "Orange is the New Black" earned 12 nominations and won three awards. However, this Netflix's original drama-comedy scored no win on the night of 66th Primetime Emmy Awards.
At the Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Uzo Aduba, who plays inmate "Crazy Eyes," took home the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series. The series also received two more awards at the ceremony, for casting and picture editing.
Aduba beat two of her "Orange is the New Black" co-actors to win the award. Natasha Lyonne and Laverne Cox were also nominated in the name category.
Jenji Kohan, co-creator of "Orange is the New Black," recently dropped the hint that the theme of Season 3 is "faith." Season 3 has announced the addition of three new actors to the show. Also Lori Petty, who guest-starred in Season 2 opening episode, is returning to reprise her character of inmate Lolly, according to reports.
Mary Steenburgen, Blair Brown and actor-comedian Mike Birbiglia have signed on to guest-star in the new season. There are no details yet about Brown and Birbiglia's characters. The only information available about Steenburgen is that she has been roped in to play Pornstache's mom. The entry of the mother will happen in the absence of the son, as Pablo Schreiber, who plays Pornstache, has confirmed that he will not be starring in Season 3.
"Orange is the New Black" is currently shooting in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2