Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Secretly Married: Honeymoon Details Surface; Fans React And Twitter Explodes
By jaskiran kaur | August 29, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are presented with a wedding cake and a bridal veil for Jolie by Madame Tussauds staff Kittie Brennan (L) and Zoe Walton, to celebrate their recent wedding, in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
Spokesperson of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt revealed the news through Associated Press five days after on Aug. 28, 2014. The couple popularly known as "Brangelina" got married in a private chateau after nine years of relationship. The Hollywood actors are parents to six children-Maddox, 13, Pax, 11, Zahara, 9, Shiloh, 8, and twin Knox and Vivienne. All of them attended the much awaited nuptials. The ceremony only involved those who are close Brangelina.
The spokeswoman, who chose to remain anonymous, revealed that Pitt and Jolie exchanged vows in a small chapel at the Chateau Miraval in the Provence hamlet of Correns in Southern France. According to the report, the couple got married in a nondenominational civil ceremony. The judge who gave them their marriage licence also performed the ceremony in their French wedding.
Fans are eager to know about the well-loved couple's honeymoon plans. A source told E!Online that the couple used "earlier part of the week" as their honeymoon time. The children remained close to the couple.
"The honeymoon was a few days enjoying Miraval and how much space they have now," the source told E!Online.
Jolie and Pitt along with their children indulged in fun activities. The children spent time "quad biking and swimming on the afternoon of the wedding." The family spent their night in the garden enjoying pizza.
The source revealed that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie "are low key" and prefer "romantic gestures" over "big, flashy multimillionaire wedding."
Furthermore, the source notes that the couple even gave some money to charity as a part of their celebration. The celebrity news website reveals that Bragenlina won't be taking a "special one-on-one" honeymoon trip anytime soon.
Meanwhile, other media reports suggest that Jolie and Pitt will spend next few months together but working on a new film. Jolie is starring opposite Pitt in a film titled "By the Sea." Directed by Jolie, the movie is expected to begin filming in Sept. on Maltese Island of Gozo.
Brad Pitt, 50, has been married once before with Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston. The "World War Z" actor married "Marley and Me" actress in 2000 and split in 2005. As for Angelina Jolie, 39, she has been married twice before marrying Pitt. The actress married Johnny Lee Miller in 1996 and Billy Bob Thornton in 2000.
As soon as the news about Brangelina wedding broke out, social media went abuzz. There were well trending hashtags #BrangelinaWedding and #bradpittandangelinajolie. Fans and other stars took to Twitter to congratulate the newlyweds. Read some of the Twitter reactions below:
Congrats Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie on their marriage, great couple
— jai brooks (@JaiBrooks1) August 29, 2014
Congrats to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.#BrangelinaWedding #BradPittandAngelinaJolie — cienlis (@cienlis) August 29, 2014
— Moreau Shaomi (@Shaomix) August 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions