Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Secretly Married: Honeymoon Details Surface; Fans React And Twitter Explodes
By jaskiran kaur | August 29, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are presented with a wedding cake and a bridal veil for Jolie by Madame Tussauds staff Kittie Brennan (L) and Zoe Walton, to celebrate their recent wedding, in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
Spokesperson of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt revealed the news through Associated Press five days after on Aug. 28, 2014. The couple popularly known as "Brangelina" got married in a private chateau after nine years of relationship. The Hollywood actors are parents to six children-Maddox, 13, Pax, 11, Zahara, 9, Shiloh, 8, and twin Knox and Vivienne. All of them attended the much awaited nuptials. The ceremony only involved those who are close Brangelina.
The spokeswoman, who chose to remain anonymous, revealed that Pitt and Jolie exchanged vows in a small chapel at the Chateau Miraval in the Provence hamlet of Correns in Southern France. According to the report, the couple got married in a nondenominational civil ceremony. The judge who gave them their marriage licence also performed the ceremony in their French wedding.
Fans are eager to know about the well-loved couple's honeymoon plans. A source told E!Online that the couple used "earlier part of the week" as their honeymoon time. The children remained close to the couple.
"The honeymoon was a few days enjoying Miraval and how much space they have now," the source told E!Online.
Jolie and Pitt along with their children indulged in fun activities. The children spent time "quad biking and swimming on the afternoon of the wedding." The family spent their night in the garden enjoying pizza.
The source revealed that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie "are low key" and prefer "romantic gestures" over "big, flashy multimillionaire wedding."
Furthermore, the source notes that the couple even gave some money to charity as a part of their celebration. The celebrity news website reveals that Bragenlina won't be taking a "special one-on-one" honeymoon trip anytime soon.
Meanwhile, other media reports suggest that Jolie and Pitt will spend next few months together but working on a new film. Jolie is starring opposite Pitt in a film titled "By the Sea." Directed by Jolie, the movie is expected to begin filming in Sept. on Maltese Island of Gozo.
Brad Pitt, 50, has been married once before with Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston. The "World War Z" actor married "Marley and Me" actress in 2000 and split in 2005. As for Angelina Jolie, 39, she has been married twice before marrying Pitt. The actress married Johnny Lee Miller in 1996 and Billy Bob Thornton in 2000.
As soon as the news about Brangelina wedding broke out, social media went abuzz. There were well trending hashtags #BrangelinaWedding and #bradpittandangelinajolie. Fans and other stars took to Twitter to congratulate the newlyweds. Read some of the Twitter reactions below:
Congrats Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie on their marriage, great couple
— jai brooks (@JaiBrooks1) August 29, 2014
Congrats to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.#BrangelinaWedding #BradPittandAngelinaJolie — cienlis (@cienlis) August 29, 2014
— Moreau Shaomi (@Shaomix) August 29, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots