UFC Promoter Dana White, War Machine Named In "Biggest Sleazebags In Sports" List
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 29, 2014 6:18 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship head honcho Dana White and former UFC striker War Machine were both included in a feature by Gentlemen's Quarterly magazine that called them the "Biggest Sleazebags in Sports."
The top 25 list include several other key personalities in sports such as doping cyclist Lance Armstrong, European soccer coach Sepp Blatter and embattled former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling. Dana White is ranked 8th in the list as he just made the headlines last week for breach of protocol after getting rid of referee Howard Hughes during UFC Fight Night featuring Bisping and Le.
The magazine feature annotated the entry of White in the infamous list by suggesting that he was underpaying UFC players, bullying rival outfits and following in the footsteps of boxing promoter Don King. He was also described as a sleazy and greedy promoter followed by a dollar bill symbol next to his picture.
Reacting to the list produced by GQ, White was adamant that the list was produced by a misinformed person as reported by MMA Fighting.
"It was definitely written by someone who is uneducated about the sport," White said. "I'm sandwiched between War Machine and Lance Armstrong. The thing that's unfortunate is that it's unfair for the UFC as a brand. UFC pays its fighters very well.
White was joined by another controversial figure in the mixed martial arts world - War Machine. The athlete who is legally Jon Koppenhaver figured heavily in the news when he was arrested for beating up porn star and former flame Christy Mack. The adult film star suffered 18 broken bones, a lacerated liver, a fractured rib and a broken leg that made it hard for her to walk on her own. War Machine reportedly also assaulted an unidentified male at Mack's Las Vegas home.
Below is the top ten list of GQ's Biggest Sleazebags in Sports:
10. Bobby Petrino
9. Lance Armstrong
8. Dana White
7. War Machine
6. Tiki Barber
5. Chad Curtis
4. Isiah Thomas
3. Sepp Blatter
2. Aaron Hernandez
1. Donald Sterling
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election