UFC Promoter Dana White, War Machine Named In "Biggest Sleazebags In Sports" List
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 29, 2014 6:18 PM EST
Ultimate Fighting Championship head honcho Dana White and former UFC striker War Machine were both included in a feature by Gentlemen's Quarterly magazine that called them the "Biggest Sleazebags in Sports."
The top 25 list include several other key personalities in sports such as doping cyclist Lance Armstrong, European soccer coach Sepp Blatter and embattled former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling. Dana White is ranked 8th in the list as he just made the headlines last week for breach of protocol after getting rid of referee Howard Hughes during UFC Fight Night featuring Bisping and Le.
The magazine feature annotated the entry of White in the infamous list by suggesting that he was underpaying UFC players, bullying rival outfits and following in the footsteps of boxing promoter Don King. He was also described as a sleazy and greedy promoter followed by a dollar bill symbol next to his picture.
Reacting to the list produced by GQ, White was adamant that the list was produced by a misinformed person as reported by MMA Fighting.
"It was definitely written by someone who is uneducated about the sport," White said. "I'm sandwiched between War Machine and Lance Armstrong. The thing that's unfortunate is that it's unfair for the UFC as a brand. UFC pays its fighters very well.
White was joined by another controversial figure in the mixed martial arts world - War Machine. The athlete who is legally Jon Koppenhaver figured heavily in the news when he was arrested for beating up porn star and former flame Christy Mack. The adult film star suffered 18 broken bones, a lacerated liver, a fractured rib and a broken leg that made it hard for her to walk on her own. War Machine reportedly also assaulted an unidentified male at Mack's Las Vegas home.
Below is the top ten list of GQ's Biggest Sleazebags in Sports:
10. Bobby Petrino
9. Lance Armstrong
8. Dana White
7. War Machine
6. Tiki Barber
5. Chad Curtis
4. Isiah Thomas
3. Sepp Blatter
2. Aaron Hernandez
1. Donald Sterling
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Avoiding Fight, Always Making Excuses— Manny Pacquiao
- Roger Federer News: Swiss Great Slams Umpire’s Conduct In Wake Of Alleged Row With Stan Wawrinka
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots