Tim Tebow Foundation’s W15H Program Grants A Sick Girl’s Wish To Meet The Former NFL Quarterback
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 29, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Tim Tebow has fulfilled the dream of Haley Burke, a girl who was diagnosed with life-threatening illness Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome at an early of 15 years old. Burke was reportedly one of recipients of Tebow's W15H Wednesday campaign. W15H is pronounced as "wish." The number 15 in the middle is a tribute to Tebow's jersey number, which he worn back in college and when he played for the Denver Broncos.
Former NFL player Tim Tebow arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
According to People Magazine, Burke started getting in touch with Tim Tebow Foundation in hopes that she will be able to FaceTime the former National Football League (NFL) former quarterback, but she got more than what she asked for. Burke didn't need to make FaceTime calls to get a glimpse of the 27-year-old quarterback-turned-college football analyst because Tebow's foundation has flown Burke and her family and gave them a one-of-a-kind experience with exciting activities lined up for them, which includes limousine ride, hotel stay, helicopter ride, and a dinner with Tebow.
"They're amazing," Tebow told People. "The entire time I was with them, I was so inspired by their strength and courage in facing every day and every struggle with a positive attitude," Tebow added.
Burke was extremely delighted of the opportunity and shared snaps of her get-together with Tebow on Twitter.
— haley burke (@burkehaley55) August 24, 2014
Tebow was equally happy of being able to make someone smile.
Great memories from my time with Haley! http://t.co/Ja7LwaV5dj Thank you @fairmontscotsdl @Dbacks @tebowfoundation #HaleyW15H — Tim Tebow (@TimTebow) August 25, 2014
— Tim Tebow Foundation (@tebowfoundation) August 27, 2014
Haley's W15H, Pt. 6: Tim surprised Haley by joining her for dinner! http://t.co/MYwbdAq1f9 #W15Hwednesday pic.twitter.com/QZSnUyoF1k — Tim Tebow Foundation (@tebowfoundation) August 27, 2014
— Tim Tebow Foundation (@tebowfoundation) August 28, 2014
Tebow said that that W15H campaign helps him to keep a great perspective in life. He said he hopes to bring a positive impact on the children but he walks out rewarded with a lasting impact on his life.
Each recipient of the W15H campaign receives a gift package which includes W15H luggage, W15H T-shirts, Nike duffel bag, a copy of Tim's book "Through My Eyes," Florida Gators: 2008 National Championship book, and a personalised bible among many others, as stated on the official website of Tim Tebow Foundation. W15H campaign is just one of Tim Tebow Foundation's outreach programs, which also include Team Tebow, Timmy's Playrooms, Tebow CURE Hospital, and Orphan Care.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar