Tim Tebow Foundation’s W15H Program Grants A Sick Girl’s Wish To Meet The Former NFL Quarterback
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 29, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Tim Tebow has fulfilled the dream of Haley Burke, a girl who was diagnosed with life-threatening illness Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome at an early of 15 years old. Burke was reportedly one of recipients of Tebow's W15H Wednesday campaign. W15H is pronounced as "wish." The number 15 in the middle is a tribute to Tebow's jersey number, which he worn back in college and when he played for the Denver Broncos.
Former NFL player Tim Tebow arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
According to People Magazine, Burke started getting in touch with Tim Tebow Foundation in hopes that she will be able to FaceTime the former National Football League (NFL) former quarterback, but she got more than what she asked for. Burke didn't need to make FaceTime calls to get a glimpse of the 27-year-old quarterback-turned-college football analyst because Tebow's foundation has flown Burke and her family and gave them a one-of-a-kind experience with exciting activities lined up for them, which includes limousine ride, hotel stay, helicopter ride, and a dinner with Tebow.
"They're amazing," Tebow told People. "The entire time I was with them, I was so inspired by their strength and courage in facing every day and every struggle with a positive attitude," Tebow added.
Burke was extremely delighted of the opportunity and shared snaps of her get-together with Tebow on Twitter.
— haley burke (@burkehaley55) August 24, 2014
Tebow was equally happy of being able to make someone smile.
Great memories from my time with Haley! http://t.co/Ja7LwaV5dj Thank you @fairmontscotsdl @Dbacks @tebowfoundation #HaleyW15H — Tim Tebow (@TimTebow) August 25, 2014
— Tim Tebow Foundation (@tebowfoundation) August 27, 2014
Haley's W15H, Pt. 6: Tim surprised Haley by joining her for dinner! http://t.co/MYwbdAq1f9 #W15Hwednesday pic.twitter.com/QZSnUyoF1k — Tim Tebow Foundation (@tebowfoundation) August 27, 2014
— Tim Tebow Foundation (@tebowfoundation) August 28, 2014
Tebow said that that W15H campaign helps him to keep a great perspective in life. He said he hopes to bring a positive impact on the children but he walks out rewarded with a lasting impact on his life.
Each recipient of the W15H campaign receives a gift package which includes W15H luggage, W15H T-shirts, Nike duffel bag, a copy of Tim's book "Through My Eyes," Florida Gators: 2008 National Championship book, and a personalised bible among many others, as stated on the official website of Tim Tebow Foundation. W15H campaign is just one of Tim Tebow Foundation's outreach programs, which also include Team Tebow, Timmy's Playrooms, Tebow CURE Hospital, and Orphan Care.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown