'Fargo' Season 2 Update: Noah Hawley Says New Season Is About 'Strong Women'
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 29, 2014 4:08 PM EST
FX's new anthology series "Fargo" has been one of 'The' shows of this year. It earned 18 Emmy nominations and walked away with the Outstanding Miniseries award on Monday night. "Fargo" will return next year with another "grisly" murder. At the Emmy Awards, Noah Hawley, executive producer of the show, revealed that the focus of the new season will be on "strong women."
In an interview with TV Line, Hawley said that Season 2 of "Fargo" is about "strong women," and that there are a lot of strong women. He added that the character they are following in Season 2, Lou Solverson, is a strong male character.
"Fargo" is not returning with the same cast and only a couple of characters from Season 1 are making an appearance in the next season. The Season 1 character Solverson is one of the principal characters of Season 2. However, Keith Carradine is not returning to reprise his role of Season 1. A young actor will be playing the role, as "Fargo" Season 2 is set in 1979. At the time, Solverson is said to be around 33-years-old.
"He [Solverson] thought he left the war [Vietnam war] behind, but he came back and here it is, it's domestic," Hawley had said to the press, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly (EW). The new season will introduce Molly's mother and Lou's father-in-law, as well.
"We will meet Molly's mother, who was not a character in season 1 ... and we'll learn what happened to her," Hawley had said. In the year 1979, Lou Solverson is a state police officer and Betsy is his wife. Betsy's father, according to Hawley, is the sheriff of Rock County.
""[Lou's] father-in-law is a character in this next go-round. I don't know if we see any other Solversons... I'm excited to spend time with Molly's mom," Hawley had said to the press at the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour.
At the time, Molly, born in 1975, would be around four years old. This means Allison Tolman is not returning to reprise her Season 1 role.
The events in the new season will take place around Luverne, Minnesota and Fargo and Sioux Falls. In addition to Solverson, Lt. Ben Schmidt, the commanding officer of Gus in Season 1, is returning, too. He was present at Sioux Falls in 1979.
"Fargo" Season 2 is expected to premiere sometime in fall 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced