'Fargo' Season 2 Update: Noah Hawley Says New Season Is About 'Strong Women'
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 29, 2014 4:08 PM EST
FX's new anthology series "Fargo" has been one of 'The' shows of this year. It earned 18 Emmy nominations and walked away with the Outstanding Miniseries award on Monday night. "Fargo" will return next year with another "grisly" murder. At the Emmy Awards, Noah Hawley, executive producer of the show, revealed that the focus of the new season will be on "strong women."
In an interview with TV Line, Hawley said that Season 2 of "Fargo" is about "strong women," and that there are a lot of strong women. He added that the character they are following in Season 2, Lou Solverson, is a strong male character.
"Fargo" is not returning with the same cast and only a couple of characters from Season 1 are making an appearance in the next season. The Season 1 character Solverson is one of the principal characters of Season 2. However, Keith Carradine is not returning to reprise his role of Season 1. A young actor will be playing the role, as "Fargo" Season 2 is set in 1979. At the time, Solverson is said to be around 33-years-old.
"He [Solverson] thought he left the war [Vietnam war] behind, but he came back and here it is, it's domestic," Hawley had said to the press, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly (EW). The new season will introduce Molly's mother and Lou's father-in-law, as well.
"We will meet Molly's mother, who was not a character in season 1 ... and we'll learn what happened to her," Hawley had said. In the year 1979, Lou Solverson is a state police officer and Betsy is his wife. Betsy's father, according to Hawley, is the sheriff of Rock County.
""[Lou's] father-in-law is a character in this next go-round. I don't know if we see any other Solversons... I'm excited to spend time with Molly's mom," Hawley had said to the press at the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour.
At the time, Molly, born in 1975, would be around four years old. This means Allison Tolman is not returning to reprise her Season 1 role.
The events in the new season will take place around Luverne, Minnesota and Fargo and Sioux Falls. In addition to Solverson, Lt. Ben Schmidt, the commanding officer of Gus in Season 1, is returning, too. He was present at Sioux Falls in 1979.
"Fargo" Season 2 is expected to premiere sometime in fall 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists