'Fargo' Season 2 Update: Noah Hawley Says New Season Is About 'Strong Women'
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 29, 2014 4:08 PM EST
FX's new anthology series "Fargo" has been one of 'The' shows of this year. It earned 18 Emmy nominations and walked away with the Outstanding Miniseries award on Monday night. "Fargo" will return next year with another "grisly" murder. At the Emmy Awards, Noah Hawley, executive producer of the show, revealed that the focus of the new season will be on "strong women."
In an interview with TV Line, Hawley said that Season 2 of "Fargo" is about "strong women," and that there are a lot of strong women. He added that the character they are following in Season 2, Lou Solverson, is a strong male character.
"Fargo" is not returning with the same cast and only a couple of characters from Season 1 are making an appearance in the next season. The Season 1 character Solverson is one of the principal characters of Season 2. However, Keith Carradine is not returning to reprise his role of Season 1. A young actor will be playing the role, as "Fargo" Season 2 is set in 1979. At the time, Solverson is said to be around 33-years-old.
"He [Solverson] thought he left the war [Vietnam war] behind, but he came back and here it is, it's domestic," Hawley had said to the press, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly (EW). The new season will introduce Molly's mother and Lou's father-in-law, as well.
"We will meet Molly's mother, who was not a character in season 1 ... and we'll learn what happened to her," Hawley had said. In the year 1979, Lou Solverson is a state police officer and Betsy is his wife. Betsy's father, according to Hawley, is the sheriff of Rock County.
""[Lou's] father-in-law is a character in this next go-round. I don't know if we see any other Solversons... I'm excited to spend time with Molly's mom," Hawley had said to the press at the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour.
At the time, Molly, born in 1975, would be around four years old. This means Allison Tolman is not returning to reprise her Season 1 role.
The events in the new season will take place around Luverne, Minnesota and Fargo and Sioux Falls. In addition to Solverson, Lt. Ben Schmidt, the commanding officer of Gus in Season 1, is returning, too. He was present at Sioux Falls in 1979.
"Fargo" Season 2 is expected to premiere sometime in fall 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones