'Fargo' Season 2 Update: Noah Hawley Says New Season Is About 'Strong Women'
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 29, 2014 4:08 PM EST
FX's new anthology series "Fargo" has been one of 'The' shows of this year. It earned 18 Emmy nominations and walked away with the Outstanding Miniseries award on Monday night. "Fargo" will return next year with another "grisly" murder. At the Emmy Awards, Noah Hawley, executive producer of the show, revealed that the focus of the new season will be on "strong women."
In an interview with TV Line, Hawley said that Season 2 of "Fargo" is about "strong women," and that there are a lot of strong women. He added that the character they are following in Season 2, Lou Solverson, is a strong male character.
"Fargo" is not returning with the same cast and only a couple of characters from Season 1 are making an appearance in the next season. The Season 1 character Solverson is one of the principal characters of Season 2. However, Keith Carradine is not returning to reprise his role of Season 1. A young actor will be playing the role, as "Fargo" Season 2 is set in 1979. At the time, Solverson is said to be around 33-years-old.
"He [Solverson] thought he left the war [Vietnam war] behind, but he came back and here it is, it's domestic," Hawley had said to the press, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly (EW). The new season will introduce Molly's mother and Lou's father-in-law, as well.
"We will meet Molly's mother, who was not a character in season 1 ... and we'll learn what happened to her," Hawley had said. In the year 1979, Lou Solverson is a state police officer and Betsy is his wife. Betsy's father, according to Hawley, is the sheriff of Rock County.
""[Lou's] father-in-law is a character in this next go-round. I don't know if we see any other Solversons... I'm excited to spend time with Molly's mom," Hawley had said to the press at the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour.
At the time, Molly, born in 1975, would be around four years old. This means Allison Tolman is not returning to reprise her Season 1 role.
The events in the new season will take place around Luverne, Minnesota and Fargo and Sioux Falls. In addition to Solverson, Lt. Ben Schmidt, the commanding officer of Gus in Season 1, is returning, too. He was present at Sioux Falls in 1979.
"Fargo" Season 2 is expected to premiere sometime in fall 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS