Nicki Minaj Doesn’t Think Her ‘Anaconda’ Video Is ‘Sexy’
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Despite gyrating her heart out in her "Anaconda" video, Nicki Minaj is not confident enough to think her video is sexy. Everyone says so, but the rapper herself is too modest to think so.
Singer Nicki Minaj poses backstage during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
In a backstage interview at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, where the singer performed thrice onstage, Nicki Minaj sharedthat her video is not that sexy or crazy as everyone is claiming it to be.
Nicki Minaj seems to be having a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that her video created such a buzz. Within 24 hours after the video was shown on Aug. 29, the video already garnered nearly 20 million hits. This number surpassed what Miley Cyrus's naked music video for "Wrecking Ball" garnered. Now 10 days after the release of the "Anaconda" video, the number of hits is still rising and fans are still talking about it. Many are even trying to copy her impressive moves. All this was unexpected for the singer, however.
"I didn't expect that. I didn't even expect the picture getting the controversy it got," she added. "For the video to break a record, I was like, 'What the?'"
MTV network, however, knew how sexy the video is and could imagine the controversy Nicki Minaj would stir among home viewers, especially the parents, if she's shown gyrating and twerking that much in her VMA performance. The network is said to have made use of strategic camera angles to show Minaj's performance in a non-raunchy way. Parents were pleased.
Melissa Henson, director of the Parents Television Council, shared to Page Six that it was not as racy as they were expecting. The director also thinks either the singer herself or the network made sure the performance will come off appropriate to young viewers at home and the parents are happy about it.
"The elements were there, but the most offensive content was edited out. Whether Nicki Minaj had anything to do with that or MTV or network standards and practices, I don't know, but we were relieved to see that it wasn't as bad as it might have been," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles