Nicki Minaj Doesn’t Think Her ‘Anaconda’ Video Is ‘Sexy’
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Despite gyrating her heart out in her "Anaconda" video, Nicki Minaj is not confident enough to think her video is sexy. Everyone says so, but the rapper herself is too modest to think so.
Singer Nicki Minaj poses backstage during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
In a backstage interview at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, where the singer performed thrice onstage, Nicki Minaj sharedthat her video is not that sexy or crazy as everyone is claiming it to be.
Nicki Minaj seems to be having a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that her video created such a buzz. Within 24 hours after the video was shown on Aug. 29, the video already garnered nearly 20 million hits. This number surpassed what Miley Cyrus's naked music video for "Wrecking Ball" garnered. Now 10 days after the release of the "Anaconda" video, the number of hits is still rising and fans are still talking about it. Many are even trying to copy her impressive moves. All this was unexpected for the singer, however.
"I didn't expect that. I didn't even expect the picture getting the controversy it got," she added. "For the video to break a record, I was like, 'What the?'"
MTV network, however, knew how sexy the video is and could imagine the controversy Nicki Minaj would stir among home viewers, especially the parents, if she's shown gyrating and twerking that much in her VMA performance. The network is said to have made use of strategic camera angles to show Minaj's performance in a non-raunchy way. Parents were pleased.
Melissa Henson, director of the Parents Television Council, shared to Page Six that it was not as racy as they were expecting. The director also thinks either the singer herself or the network made sure the performance will come off appropriate to young viewers at home and the parents are happy about it.
"The elements were there, but the most offensive content was edited out. Whether Nicki Minaj had anything to do with that or MTV or network standards and practices, I don't know, but we were relieved to see that it wasn't as bad as it might have been," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013