Nicki Minaj Doesn’t Think Her ‘Anaconda’ Video Is ‘Sexy’
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Despite gyrating her heart out in her "Anaconda" video, Nicki Minaj is not confident enough to think her video is sexy. Everyone says so, but the rapper herself is too modest to think so.
Singer Nicki Minaj poses backstage during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
In a backstage interview at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, where the singer performed thrice onstage, Nicki Minaj sharedthat her video is not that sexy or crazy as everyone is claiming it to be.
Nicki Minaj seems to be having a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that her video created such a buzz. Within 24 hours after the video was shown on Aug. 29, the video already garnered nearly 20 million hits. This number surpassed what Miley Cyrus's naked music video for "Wrecking Ball" garnered. Now 10 days after the release of the "Anaconda" video, the number of hits is still rising and fans are still talking about it. Many are even trying to copy her impressive moves. All this was unexpected for the singer, however.
"I didn't expect that. I didn't even expect the picture getting the controversy it got," she added. "For the video to break a record, I was like, 'What the?'"
MTV network, however, knew how sexy the video is and could imagine the controversy Nicki Minaj would stir among home viewers, especially the parents, if she's shown gyrating and twerking that much in her VMA performance. The network is said to have made use of strategic camera angles to show Minaj's performance in a non-raunchy way. Parents were pleased.
Melissa Henson, director of the Parents Television Council, shared to Page Six that it was not as racy as they were expecting. The director also thinks either the singer herself or the network made sure the performance will come off appropriate to young viewers at home and the parents are happy about it.
"The elements were there, but the most offensive content was edited out. Whether Nicki Minaj had anything to do with that or MTV or network standards and practices, I don't know, but we were relieved to see that it wasn't as bad as it might have been," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation