Beyoncé’s Dad: Divorce Rumors And Solange's Elevator Fight Ploys To Sell Tickets For 'On The Run' Tour
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 2:32 PM EST
While Beyonce and Jay-Z wanted to shoot down divorce rumors with their MTV VMA kiss, the "Fearless" singer's father, Matthew Knowles claimed the rumors were circulated deliberately in the first place for the couple's benefit anyway.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
In the Houston's Roula and Ryan Show on Wednesday, the 63-year old music executive shared that the couple deliberately allowed rumors of them divorcing to circulate so that they could drive ticket sales up. Matthew shared that this strategy falls under the "Jedi mind trick."
He shared that certain rumors have the power to ignite tours. "The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot of times. So things you see sometimes are [makes poof noise]," the executive detailed of what he thinks the divorce rumors were trying to achieve.
Matthew refused to give a straightforward answer when asked whether he thinks even the infamous elevator fight between Jay and Solange was also just a lot of good acting and role playing to set the stage for the divorce rumors. However, he did say that everyone benefitted from the fight, even Solange.
"Everyone's talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange's album sales went up 200%," he shared.
While this could all be possible, since ticket sales for the couple's concert did go up and Solange's album sales increased, a body language expert refused to believe that everything is all well between the A-list couple. The expert refused to see that their VMA kiss is genuine. Susan Constantine, the body language expert, told the Post that the interaction between the couple during the VMAs were all just for show and for them to save face. The expert claimed that no genuine emotions between them can be observed.
Beyonce and Jay-Z has been embroiled in divorce rumors ever since Solange's fight with Jay-Z got caught in the elevator camera and spread like wildfire. Still, the divorce rumors were not doing their "On the Run" tour any damage. Parade.com reports that their concerts are always sold out and their upcoming performances in Paris next month is set to be aired on HBO on September 20 as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues