Beyoncé’s Dad: Divorce Rumors And Solange's Elevator Fight Ploys To Sell Tickets For 'On The Run' Tour
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 2:32 PM EST
While Beyonce and Jay-Z wanted to shoot down divorce rumors with their MTV VMA kiss, the "Fearless" singer's father, Matthew Knowles claimed the rumors were circulated deliberately in the first place for the couple's benefit anyway.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
In the Houston's Roula and Ryan Show on Wednesday, the 63-year old music executive shared that the couple deliberately allowed rumors of them divorcing to circulate so that they could drive ticket sales up. Matthew shared that this strategy falls under the "Jedi mind trick."
He shared that certain rumors have the power to ignite tours. "The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot of times. So things you see sometimes are [makes poof noise]," the executive detailed of what he thinks the divorce rumors were trying to achieve.
Matthew refused to give a straightforward answer when asked whether he thinks even the infamous elevator fight between Jay and Solange was also just a lot of good acting and role playing to set the stage for the divorce rumors. However, he did say that everyone benefitted from the fight, even Solange.
"Everyone's talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange's album sales went up 200%," he shared.
While this could all be possible, since ticket sales for the couple's concert did go up and Solange's album sales increased, a body language expert refused to believe that everything is all well between the A-list couple. The expert refused to see that their VMA kiss is genuine. Susan Constantine, the body language expert, told the Post that the interaction between the couple during the VMAs were all just for show and for them to save face. The expert claimed that no genuine emotions between them can be observed.
Beyonce and Jay-Z has been embroiled in divorce rumors ever since Solange's fight with Jay-Z got caught in the elevator camera and spread like wildfire. Still, the divorce rumors were not doing their "On the Run" tour any damage. Parade.com reports that their concerts are always sold out and their upcoming performances in Paris next month is set to be aired on HBO on September 20 as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop