Beyoncé’s Dad: Divorce Rumors And Solange's Elevator Fight Ploys To Sell Tickets For 'On The Run' Tour
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 2:32 PM EST
While Beyonce and Jay-Z wanted to shoot down divorce rumors with their MTV VMA kiss, the "Fearless" singer's father, Matthew Knowles claimed the rumors were circulated deliberately in the first place for the couple's benefit anyway.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
In the Houston's Roula and Ryan Show on Wednesday, the 63-year old music executive shared that the couple deliberately allowed rumors of them divorcing to circulate so that they could drive ticket sales up. Matthew shared that this strategy falls under the "Jedi mind trick."
He shared that certain rumors have the power to ignite tours. "The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot of times. So things you see sometimes are [makes poof noise]," the executive detailed of what he thinks the divorce rumors were trying to achieve.
Matthew refused to give a straightforward answer when asked whether he thinks even the infamous elevator fight between Jay and Solange was also just a lot of good acting and role playing to set the stage for the divorce rumors. However, he did say that everyone benefitted from the fight, even Solange.
"Everyone's talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange's album sales went up 200%," he shared.
While this could all be possible, since ticket sales for the couple's concert did go up and Solange's album sales increased, a body language expert refused to believe that everything is all well between the A-list couple. The expert refused to see that their VMA kiss is genuine. Susan Constantine, the body language expert, told the Post that the interaction between the couple during the VMAs were all just for show and for them to save face. The expert claimed that no genuine emotions between them can be observed.
Beyonce and Jay-Z has been embroiled in divorce rumors ever since Solange's fight with Jay-Z got caught in the elevator camera and spread like wildfire. Still, the divorce rumors were not doing their "On the Run" tour any damage. Parade.com reports that their concerts are always sold out and their upcoming performances in Paris next month is set to be aired on HBO on September 20 as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast