'Friends' Reunion on Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow Act 'Friends' Fan Fiction With Host [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 29, 2014 1:48 PM EST
Host Jimmy Kimmel made a "Friends" reunion happen on Wednesday night, Aug. 27, during his late-night talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Jennifer Aniston, who portrays Rachel in the TV sitcom, was on the show to promote her latest film "Life of Crime" when Jimmy Kimmel asked the 45-year-old actress to do his "Friends" fan fiction with co-stars Courteney and Lisa Kudrow joining them.
Cast member Justin Theroux and actress Jennifer Aniston arrive at the season premiere of HBO's "The Leftovers" in New York June 23, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan To Have A New Profession And Home In New Season Premiere Episode 'I'll Remember'
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Promo Trailer Teases Klaus and Marcel Team Up in New Season [WATCH VIDEO]
During the interview, Jimmy Kimmel told his celebrity guest that he was a big fan of "Friends," he personally wrote a fan fiction and he wants Jennifer Aniston to take part in his skit. The TV show host even showed the actress an exact replica of Monica's (Courtney Cox) apartment that cost him $US80000.
According to Kimmel, he wrote himself in the "Friends" fan fiction as Rachel's love interest, Ross. "I was wondering if you would do a scene from it with me?" Kimmel asked Aniston. In the video, Jennifer Aniston appeared to be unwilling to do the fan fiction scene with the host.
When Jimmy Kimmel wanted Jennifer Aniston to wear "The Rachel Wig," the actress told the host that she is not going to do that and then threw the wig to the audience. Then, "Friends" cast members Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow, who portrays Phoebe in the TV sitcom, showed up as surprise guests and also took part in Jimmy Kimmel's storyline.
When the actresses wondered where Joey (Matt LeBlanc) and Chandler (Matthew Perry) are, Jimmy Kimmel revealed that the two are dead because Ross' monkey pet, Marcel, bit them and gave them monkey rabies. According to a Mail Online report, "Cougar Town" actress Courteney Cox admitted she gets tired of being asked if a reunion of the six "Friends" cast members will happen because her answer to the question always gets her in trouble.
"Only because once you say, 'Well, I'd like it,' then they have to contact every other cast member and be like, 'Courteney's into it!' And then I get in trouble. It's not going to happen," Cox revealed to talk show host David Letterman. Additionally, the 50-year-old actress thinks there is not much scope for a "Friends" reunion story even though the entire cast agreed to come back because the TV sitcom already ended back in 2004.
A Sydney Morning Herald report claims the "Friends" reunion of Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow comes as Warner Bros. studio's plan of marking the 20th anniversary of the TV sitcom's launch together with a pop-up Central Perk coffee house in New York City. The "Friends" reunion that happened on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" received mixed reactions from the fans and viewers who posted their comments on YouTube to express what they think.
Some were happy to see the three cast members together again while some criticized Jennifer Aniston for the negative vibe she exuded during the skit and the others defended the actress by explaining that it was all just an act. Have a look at the video below of the "Friends" reunion on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
Credit: YouTube/Jimmy Kimmel Live
More Articles to Read:
Ice Bucket Challenge: Tom Cruise Accepts Hugh Jackman's ALS Challenge With 'Mission Impossible 5' Director Chris McQuarrie [VIDEO] - [READ]
2014 Emmy Awards: Jimmy Fallon Jokes About Gwen Stefani's 'The Colbert Report' Blunder During Acceptance Speech [VIDEO] - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4, Episode 9 'Perishable' Recap/Spoilers: The Benefactor Finally Reveals Identity - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date