New ‘Star Wars’ Comic Chronicles The Rise of Darth Vader
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Fans of the "Star Wars" franchise who are waiting for the upcoming episode 7 from the saga can now relieve some of the moments from the movies which have been released so far and also explore the rise of one of the fan favourite characters, Darth Vader.
People dressed up as Darth Vader (C) and the Emperor's Royal Guard (in red) from the Star Wars movies participate in a parade during a tourism event in Tozeur, May 3, 2014. The event, organised by Tunisia's national tourism office, featured a parade of Star Wars characters before screenings of the films. Tunisia was one of the filming locations for the movies. REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi
Marvel Comics has announced that the company will be launching a collection of "Star Wars" comics which follow the story line in the movies from episode 1 to episode 5. Fans of the franchise will also get to see some additional characters like the space pirate Crimson Jack and bounty hunter Beilert Valance.
Fans of the character Darth Vader may be eager to see the rise of the dark lord of the Sith in the comics. The movies from the franchise have not focused on how Emperor Palpatine used Darth Vader to subjugate the galaxy.
The time period between episode 3 and 4 is also examined in the upcoming animation TV series "Star Wars: Rebels." The animation series tells the story of how the rebellion began to form against the control of the Empire and features new villains like Agent Kallus and the Sith Inquisitor.
The comic book series titled "Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years" shows some untold stories in the movies like Luke going back to Tatooine, the planet he grew up in, Leia fighting battles without the help from her brother and Han, Chewie and Han Solo in the deadly Big Game and Darth Vader searching for answers.
The "Star Wars" comics will be released by Jan 2015. The stories in the comics are written by Roy Thomas, Howard Chaykin, Archie Goodwin, Jo Duffy and Chris Claremont. The pencil art is done by Howard Chaykin, Carmine Infantino, Wlater Simonson, Herb Trimpe, Michael Golden, Al Williamson and Mike Vosburg.
The "Star Wars" comics will be available in over-sized Omnibus format. The launch will be followed by another comic book from the "Star Wars: Darth Vader" series. The story will focus on the dark lord of the Sith following the destruction of the first Death Star.
More Articles to Read
'Star Wars' 7: Another Big Villain From The Original Trilogy [Read]
'Star Wars' 7 Plot Leak - New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers] [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-501st Legion Stormtrooper New Look Leaked In A Sketch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery