New ‘Star Wars’ Comic Chronicles The Rise of Darth Vader
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Fans of the "Star Wars" franchise who are waiting for the upcoming episode 7 from the saga can now relieve some of the moments from the movies which have been released so far and also explore the rise of one of the fan favourite characters, Darth Vader.
People dressed up as Darth Vader (C) and the Emperor's Royal Guard (in red) from the Star Wars movies participate in a parade during a tourism event in Tozeur, May 3, 2014. The event, organised by Tunisia's national tourism office, featured a parade of Star Wars characters before screenings of the films. Tunisia was one of the filming locations for the movies. REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi
Marvel Comics has announced that the company will be launching a collection of "Star Wars" comics which follow the story line in the movies from episode 1 to episode 5. Fans of the franchise will also get to see some additional characters like the space pirate Crimson Jack and bounty hunter Beilert Valance.
Fans of the character Darth Vader may be eager to see the rise of the dark lord of the Sith in the comics. The movies from the franchise have not focused on how Emperor Palpatine used Darth Vader to subjugate the galaxy.
The time period between episode 3 and 4 is also examined in the upcoming animation TV series "Star Wars: Rebels." The animation series tells the story of how the rebellion began to form against the control of the Empire and features new villains like Agent Kallus and the Sith Inquisitor.
The comic book series titled "Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years" shows some untold stories in the movies like Luke going back to Tatooine, the planet he grew up in, Leia fighting battles without the help from her brother and Han, Chewie and Han Solo in the deadly Big Game and Darth Vader searching for answers.
The "Star Wars" comics will be released by Jan 2015. The stories in the comics are written by Roy Thomas, Howard Chaykin, Archie Goodwin, Jo Duffy and Chris Claremont. The pencil art is done by Howard Chaykin, Carmine Infantino, Wlater Simonson, Herb Trimpe, Michael Golden, Al Williamson and Mike Vosburg.
The "Star Wars" comics will be available in over-sized Omnibus format. The launch will be followed by another comic book from the "Star Wars: Darth Vader" series. The story will focus on the dark lord of the Sith following the destruction of the first Death Star.
More Articles to Read
'Star Wars' 7: Another Big Villain From The Original Trilogy [Read]
'Star Wars' 7 Plot Leak - New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers] [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-501st Legion Stormtrooper New Look Leaked In A Sketch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon