New ‘Star Wars’ Comic Chronicles The Rise of Darth Vader
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Fans of the "Star Wars" franchise who are waiting for the upcoming episode 7 from the saga can now relieve some of the moments from the movies which have been released so far and also explore the rise of one of the fan favourite characters, Darth Vader.
People dressed up as Darth Vader (C) and the Emperor's Royal Guard (in red) from the Star Wars movies participate in a parade during a tourism event in Tozeur, May 3, 2014. The event, organised by Tunisia's national tourism office, featured a parade of Star Wars characters before screenings of the films. Tunisia was one of the filming locations for the movies. REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi
Marvel Comics has announced that the company will be launching a collection of "Star Wars" comics which follow the story line in the movies from episode 1 to episode 5. Fans of the franchise will also get to see some additional characters like the space pirate Crimson Jack and bounty hunter Beilert Valance.
Fans of the character Darth Vader may be eager to see the rise of the dark lord of the Sith in the comics. The movies from the franchise have not focused on how Emperor Palpatine used Darth Vader to subjugate the galaxy.
The time period between episode 3 and 4 is also examined in the upcoming animation TV series "Star Wars: Rebels." The animation series tells the story of how the rebellion began to form against the control of the Empire and features new villains like Agent Kallus and the Sith Inquisitor.
The comic book series titled "Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years" shows some untold stories in the movies like Luke going back to Tatooine, the planet he grew up in, Leia fighting battles without the help from her brother and Han, Chewie and Han Solo in the deadly Big Game and Darth Vader searching for answers.
The "Star Wars" comics will be released by Jan 2015. The stories in the comics are written by Roy Thomas, Howard Chaykin, Archie Goodwin, Jo Duffy and Chris Claremont. The pencil art is done by Howard Chaykin, Carmine Infantino, Wlater Simonson, Herb Trimpe, Michael Golden, Al Williamson and Mike Vosburg.
The "Star Wars" comics will be available in over-sized Omnibus format. The launch will be followed by another comic book from the "Star Wars: Darth Vader" series. The story will focus on the dark lord of the Sith following the destruction of the first Death Star.
More Articles to Read
'Star Wars' 7: Another Big Villain From The Original Trilogy [Read]
'Star Wars' 7 Plot Leak - New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers] [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-501st Legion Stormtrooper New Look Leaked In A Sketch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date