‘Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ Has Supply Drops; Activision Details Kevin Spacey’s Character
By Gel Galang | August 29, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Even though it's set 50 years in the future, this may only be one of the new features of the title that make "Call of Duty" Advanced Warfare" different from the rest.
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Another striking facet is that Sledgehammer Games and Activision were able to get Kevin Spacey to join the cast as none other than Jonathon Irons, the supposed villain of the next COD title.
The setting alone seemed to be one of the major reasons why Spacey was pitched for the lead role, and according to The Examiner, it has something to do with the fact that they needed the perfect actor portray the head of powerful military organization.
"There have been great actors involved with games before, but [Kevin Spacey's] a two-time Academy Award winner, and it's more than just him standing in front of a microphone and giving the voice, this is full performance capture. I think he is bringing another level of emotional impact to a game, than we've ever seen before," Eric Hirshberg, Activision CEO said in an exclusive with The Examiner.
The developers already had Spacey in mind to play the role of Irons, though they had also considered actors for the part. Spacey's role, for the most part, is seen as the villain for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. But in reality, he may be a bit more complicated of a character than just a power-hungry leader.
This also plays a role in differentiating Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" from the rest of the COD franchise, adding to the fact that the future setting adds another dimension to how power will play in the story.
If the EXO suits and other futuristic appeal of the game aren't enough, then supply drops may be add some more value to "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" as the franchise's newest installment.
It seems that developer Sledgehammer Games is looking at making the multiplayer mode of the game more interesting by including a new mechanism where players can get more items, customize their characters and even advance their rank.
According to Cinema Blend, you can unlock up to 1,000 items just from the supply drops alone, and to get these supply drops, all you need is to kill or complete challenges in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
With each supply drop, you can expect a different type, with the reported types being Enlisted, Professional and Elite drops. But there's also the one-time appearance Reinforcement drops, which is the rarest and one that can seriously put the battlefield in your favor.
The report adds that this may be Sledgehammer Games' way of pushing forward the Call of Duty franchise towards the next step to ensure its lifespan in the gaming industry.
Check out the supply drops in this video courtesy of VG 24/7. "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will release in November to the PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks