HTC Desire 516 vs. Sony Xperia C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:02 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 516 or the Sony Xperia C, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Sony Xperia C comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Both the devices are the same in this category with both having about 220 ppi pixel display density.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 grams. The Sony Xperia C has a similar design but is lighter. The device measures 141.5 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia C is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6589 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 516 sports a 5 MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Sony Xperia C sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a Li-Po 1950 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia C comes with a Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 25 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIm variant is priced at around AU $239.95 and the Sony Xperia C is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet