HTC Desire 516 vs. Sony Xperia C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:02 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 516 or the Sony Xperia C, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Sony Xperia C comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Both the devices are the same in this category with both having about 220 ppi pixel display density.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 grams. The Sony Xperia C has a similar design but is lighter. The device measures 141.5 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia C is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6589 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 516 sports a 5 MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Sony Xperia C sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a Li-Po 1950 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia C comes with a Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 25 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIm variant is priced at around AU $239.95 and the Sony Xperia C is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James