HTC Desire 516 vs. Sony Xperia C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:02 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 516 or the Sony Xperia C, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Sony Xperia C comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Both the devices are the same in this category with both having about 220 ppi pixel display density.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 grams. The Sony Xperia C has a similar design but is lighter. The device measures 141.5 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia C is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6589 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 516 sports a 5 MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Sony Xperia C sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a Li-Po 1950 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia C comes with a Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 25 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIm variant is priced at around AU $239.95 and the Sony Xperia C is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks