HTC Desire 516 vs. Sony Xperia C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 12:02 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 516 or the Sony Xperia C, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Sony Xperia C comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Both the devices are the same in this category with both having about 220 ppi pixel display density.
The HTC Desire 516 measures 140 x 72 x 9.7 mm and weighs 160 grams. The Sony Xperia C has a similar design but is lighter. The device measures 141.5 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 516 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia C is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6589 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC Desire 516 sports a 5 MP primary camera with LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Sony Xperia C sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The HTC Desire 516 comes with a Li-Po 1950 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia C comes with a Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 25 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 516 Dual SIm variant is priced at around AU $239.95 and the Sony Xperia C is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related