Court Rejects Corinna Schumacher’s Lawsuit Against German Media That Published Her Photos En Route To Michael Schumacher’s Hospital
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 29, 2014 11:50 AM EST
Michael Schumacher's devoted wife, Corinna, has reportedly lost in the lawsuits she has filed against a German newspaper and German television station that published unauthorised picture of her en route to the hospital where her husband was being treated. Apparently, the publication of the photos did not justify the intrusion to Corinna's personal life and her appeal to have privacy.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
According to German news outlet Sueddeutsche via online translation, the Cologne Regional Court has rejected Corinna's complaint against German newspaper taz and German TV station ZDF, which published the photos of the besieged Corinna on the way to the hospital. In the opinion of the judges, it was appropriate because it was quite an event of contemporary history significance.
"The coverage is thus not only the gratification of curiosity and the pleasure of the reader," the Court wrote in its verdict. "It rather makes a significant contribution to the formation of public opinion by the reader is able to form a judgment as to whether he wants this coverage."
Several German newspapers, such as Landgericht Koln and Colorful, have both been banned for the publication of the said photos. The Court have critically examined the behaviour of taz and ZDF in their reports before the full ruling was released.
If Corinna hated having her pictures taken when she visits the Formula One (F1) legend in the hospital, she doesn't mind being pictured in events that she shows up to. She made her first public appearance at a horse-riding event in Switzerland. She was pictured beaming and grinning at the said event.
Recently, Corinna was spotted on yet another one of her rare public appearances when she attended the 2014 World Equestrian Games at Normandy, France.
In June, it was announced that Michael has woken up from coma. Michael was transferred to a medical facility in Lausanne, Switzerland where he is undergoing rehabilitation treatment, which according to experts would take a long time. Corinna remains a devoted wife and has said in a statement that even though Michael's road to recovery is a slow process, things are getting better and improving.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Russian Union Of Engineers Point To Ukraine Airforce As Responsible For MH17 Crash
- California Park Rangers Accuse Nudist Colony Members of Stealing From Waterfall For Skinny Dipping During A Drought
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370: Aviation Exec Says Pilot Deliberately Killed Passengers & Crew By Cutting Oxygen Supply
- Financial Intelligence Agency Suspends Sydney Remittance Firm Over Suspicions It Is Used To Finance Terrorism In Middle East
- Australians Targeted By Hackers Locking Computers For $700 Ransom