Joan Rivers In Stable Condition After Near Death Experience, Daughter Rushed To Her Side To Take Care Of Her
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Joan Rivers stopped breathing during her throat surgery prompting her daughter, Melissa Rivers, to rush to her side and take care of her. She is now in a stable condition.
Comedian Joan Rivers arrives for the premiere of the documentary ''Joan Rivers - A Piece Of Work'' during the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 25, 2010.
Sources say the 81-year old comedian, talk show host and author was having a throat procedure done at Yorkville Endoscopy on East 93rd street near Third Avenue when she just stopped breathing at around 9:40 a.m. She was immediately brought to Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan when this happened. She is now stable, E! Online reports.
Ironically, the frightening near-death experience only took place hours after Joan made a joke about her own death on her performance in Manhattan Wednesday day at the Laurie Beechman Theater on West 42nd Street.
One of the audience seated in the front row shared what the comedian said.
"She goes, 'I'm 81. I could go over at any minute," shared Shade Rupe. "She pointed to the floor and said, 'I could go right there. And all of you would say, 'I was there for that!"
Still, the viewer said the infamous talk show showed no signs of weakness. She was energetic and lively throughout her performance.
He added, "If she makes it though, she should slow down."
Signs that she would undergo such a scary experience were nowhere to be seen a day earlier, too, as Joan participated in an event in New York to showcase her new book "Diary of a Mad Diva." In fact, E! Online reported that the comedian was very entertaining and in good spirits. The E! Online host was also very welcoming of her fans, showing love to her supporters.
"She was so lively and sweet," shared a source to E! News. "She even let people take photos with her. She definitely had a lot of energy! She was cracking jokes about everyone from Jay Leno to Jackie O. She was as sharp as she's ever been."
One source even shared that it was mentioned that Joan Rivers would have to head out immediately after the event, even though no one knew if this was because of her scheduled throat operation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys