Joan Rivers In Stable Condition After Near Death Experience, Daughter Rushed To Her Side To Take Care Of Her
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Joan Rivers stopped breathing during her throat surgery prompting her daughter, Melissa Rivers, to rush to her side and take care of her. She is now in a stable condition.
Comedian Joan Rivers arrives for the premiere of the documentary ''Joan Rivers - A Piece Of Work'' during the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 25, 2010.
Sources say the 81-year old comedian, talk show host and author was having a throat procedure done at Yorkville Endoscopy on East 93rd street near Third Avenue when she just stopped breathing at around 9:40 a.m. She was immediately brought to Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan when this happened. She is now stable, E! Online reports.
Ironically, the frightening near-death experience only took place hours after Joan made a joke about her own death on her performance in Manhattan Wednesday day at the Laurie Beechman Theater on West 42nd Street.
One of the audience seated in the front row shared what the comedian said.
"She goes, 'I'm 81. I could go over at any minute," shared Shade Rupe. "She pointed to the floor and said, 'I could go right there. And all of you would say, 'I was there for that!"
Still, the viewer said the infamous talk show showed no signs of weakness. She was energetic and lively throughout her performance.
He added, "If she makes it though, she should slow down."
Signs that she would undergo such a scary experience were nowhere to be seen a day earlier, too, as Joan participated in an event in New York to showcase her new book "Diary of a Mad Diva." In fact, E! Online reported that the comedian was very entertaining and in good spirits. The E! Online host was also very welcoming of her fans, showing love to her supporters.
"She was so lively and sweet," shared a source to E! News. "She even let people take photos with her. She definitely had a lot of energy! She was cracking jokes about everyone from Jay Leno to Jackie O. She was as sharp as she's ever been."
One source even shared that it was mentioned that Joan Rivers would have to head out immediately after the event, even though no one knew if this was because of her scheduled throat operation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’