Joan Rivers In Stable Condition After Near Death Experience, Daughter Rushed To Her Side To Take Care Of Her
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Joan Rivers stopped breathing during her throat surgery prompting her daughter, Melissa Rivers, to rush to her side and take care of her. She is now in a stable condition.
Comedian Joan Rivers arrives for the premiere of the documentary ''Joan Rivers - A Piece Of Work'' during the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 25, 2010.
Sources say the 81-year old comedian, talk show host and author was having a throat procedure done at Yorkville Endoscopy on East 93rd street near Third Avenue when she just stopped breathing at around 9:40 a.m. She was immediately brought to Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan when this happened. She is now stable, E! Online reports.
Ironically, the frightening near-death experience only took place hours after Joan made a joke about her own death on her performance in Manhattan Wednesday day at the Laurie Beechman Theater on West 42nd Street.
One of the audience seated in the front row shared what the comedian said.
"She goes, 'I'm 81. I could go over at any minute," shared Shade Rupe. "She pointed to the floor and said, 'I could go right there. And all of you would say, 'I was there for that!"
Still, the viewer said the infamous talk show showed no signs of weakness. She was energetic and lively throughout her performance.
He added, "If she makes it though, she should slow down."
Signs that she would undergo such a scary experience were nowhere to be seen a day earlier, too, as Joan participated in an event in New York to showcase her new book "Diary of a Mad Diva." In fact, E! Online reported that the comedian was very entertaining and in good spirits. The E! Online host was also very welcoming of her fans, showing love to her supporters.
"She was so lively and sweet," shared a source to E! News. "She even let people take photos with her. She definitely had a lot of energy! She was cracking jokes about everyone from Jay Leno to Jackie O. She was as sharp as she's ever been."
One source even shared that it was mentioned that Joan Rivers would have to head out immediately after the event, even though no one knew if this was because of her scheduled throat operation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border