HTC One E8 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 29, 2014 11:25 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One E8 or the Nexus 5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC One E8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The Nexus 5 comes with a 4.95-inch True HD IPS+ capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The HTC One E8 has 441 ppi pixels display density compared to the 445 ppi pixels display density on the Nexus 5.
The HTC One E8 measures 146.4 x 70.7 x 9.9 mm and weighs 145 grams. The Nexus 5 is comparatively smaller, narrower and lighter. The device measures 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm and weighs 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One E8 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the HTC One E8 has a slight edge.
The HTC One E8 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Nexus 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC One E8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 26 hours and 40 minutes on 3G. The Nexus 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One E8 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95. The Nexus 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $399.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $459.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate