Adrian Peterson Wants To Play For Dallas Cowboys – Jerry Jones
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:36 AM EST
Minnesota Vikings running back and former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson reportedly told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that he's interested to join the most valuable franchise in football last June.
Jones, who recounted the phone conversation with Peterson as part of ESPN Magazine's latest issue, revealed that arguably the best running back in the game indeed expressed his interest to become a Cowboy.
"Well, I understand, Adrian," Jones told Peterson during the phone conversation. "I'd like that, too ... Well, I love your story. I love your daddy's story. I've always respected what you've been about. I've always been a fan of yours."
"Well, we'll see what we can do, if we can make that happen," Jones, who is also the Cowboys' general manager, told Peterson. "Hmm hmm ... I'd like that, too ... Well, we're talking pig Latin here, but let's see if we can do that ."
Jones said a friend of the running back served as a mediator of their conversation, which could prompt the NFL to investigate if it's in violation of the league anti-tampering policy.
According to the rules, the team contacted by a player should report the conversation immediately to the head of his teams in order to avoid heavier sanctions.
Jones stressed the he did not circumvent the NFL's anti-tampering rule because he believed the conversation should not be classified as tampering. The Cowboys added that he did not receive a phone call from Peterson again.
Peterson's desire to be part of the Cowboys should not come as a surprise as there were previous reports linking the running back as a possible trade target for the club.
Peterson, 29, won the NFL MVP award two seasons ago, but his hunger to compete for a championship is beginning to manifest after seeing the Viking struggle to get over the hump.
Last year, Peterson had another productive year as he covered 1,266 yards on 279 carries and 10 touchdowns. However, the Vikings once again missed the postseason after finishing with a miserable 5-10 slate.
For more Adrian Peterson and Dallas Cowboys news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate