Adrian Peterson Wants To Play For Dallas Cowboys – Jerry Jones
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:36 AM EST
Minnesota Vikings running back and former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson reportedly told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that he's interested to join the most valuable franchise in football last June.
Jones, who recounted the phone conversation with Peterson as part of ESPN Magazine's latest issue, revealed that arguably the best running back in the game indeed expressed his interest to become a Cowboy.
"Well, I understand, Adrian," Jones told Peterson during the phone conversation. "I'd like that, too ... Well, I love your story. I love your daddy's story. I've always respected what you've been about. I've always been a fan of yours."
"Well, we'll see what we can do, if we can make that happen," Jones, who is also the Cowboys' general manager, told Peterson. "Hmm hmm ... I'd like that, too ... Well, we're talking pig Latin here, but let's see if we can do that ."
Jones said a friend of the running back served as a mediator of their conversation, which could prompt the NFL to investigate if it's in violation of the league anti-tampering policy.
According to the rules, the team contacted by a player should report the conversation immediately to the head of his teams in order to avoid heavier sanctions.
Jones stressed the he did not circumvent the NFL's anti-tampering rule because he believed the conversation should not be classified as tampering. The Cowboys added that he did not receive a phone call from Peterson again.
Peterson's desire to be part of the Cowboys should not come as a surprise as there were previous reports linking the running back as a possible trade target for the club.
Peterson, 29, won the NFL MVP award two seasons ago, but his hunger to compete for a championship is beginning to manifest after seeing the Viking struggle to get over the hump.
Last year, Peterson had another productive year as he covered 1,266 yards on 279 carries and 10 touchdowns. However, the Vikings once again missed the postseason after finishing with a miserable 5-10 slate.
For more Adrian Peterson and Dallas Cowboys news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier