Adrian Peterson Wants To Play For Dallas Cowboys – Jerry Jones
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:36 AM EST
Minnesota Vikings running back and former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson reportedly told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that he's interested to join the most valuable franchise in football last June.
Jones, who recounted the phone conversation with Peterson as part of ESPN Magazine's latest issue, revealed that arguably the best running back in the game indeed expressed his interest to become a Cowboy.
"Well, I understand, Adrian," Jones told Peterson during the phone conversation. "I'd like that, too ... Well, I love your story. I love your daddy's story. I've always respected what you've been about. I've always been a fan of yours."
"Well, we'll see what we can do, if we can make that happen," Jones, who is also the Cowboys' general manager, told Peterson. "Hmm hmm ... I'd like that, too ... Well, we're talking pig Latin here, but let's see if we can do that ."
Jones said a friend of the running back served as a mediator of their conversation, which could prompt the NFL to investigate if it's in violation of the league anti-tampering policy.
According to the rules, the team contacted by a player should report the conversation immediately to the head of his teams in order to avoid heavier sanctions.
Jones stressed the he did not circumvent the NFL's anti-tampering rule because he believed the conversation should not be classified as tampering. The Cowboys added that he did not receive a phone call from Peterson again.
Peterson's desire to be part of the Cowboys should not come as a surprise as there were previous reports linking the running back as a possible trade target for the club.
Peterson, 29, won the NFL MVP award two seasons ago, but his hunger to compete for a championship is beginning to manifest after seeing the Viking struggle to get over the hump.
Last year, Peterson had another productive year as he covered 1,266 yards on 279 carries and 10 touchdowns. However, the Vikings once again missed the postseason after finishing with a miserable 5-10 slate.
For more Adrian Peterson and Dallas Cowboys news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS