Adrian Peterson Wants To Play For Dallas Cowboys – Jerry Jones
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:36 AM EST
Minnesota Vikings running back and former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson reportedly told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that he's interested to join the most valuable franchise in football last June.
Jones, who recounted the phone conversation with Peterson as part of ESPN Magazine's latest issue, revealed that arguably the best running back in the game indeed expressed his interest to become a Cowboy.
"Well, I understand, Adrian," Jones told Peterson during the phone conversation. "I'd like that, too ... Well, I love your story. I love your daddy's story. I've always respected what you've been about. I've always been a fan of yours."
"Well, we'll see what we can do, if we can make that happen," Jones, who is also the Cowboys' general manager, told Peterson. "Hmm hmm ... I'd like that, too ... Well, we're talking pig Latin here, but let's see if we can do that ."
Jones said a friend of the running back served as a mediator of their conversation, which could prompt the NFL to investigate if it's in violation of the league anti-tampering policy.
According to the rules, the team contacted by a player should report the conversation immediately to the head of his teams in order to avoid heavier sanctions.
Jones stressed the he did not circumvent the NFL's anti-tampering rule because he believed the conversation should not be classified as tampering. The Cowboys added that he did not receive a phone call from Peterson again.
Peterson's desire to be part of the Cowboys should not come as a surprise as there were previous reports linking the running back as a possible trade target for the club.
Peterson, 29, won the NFL MVP award two seasons ago, but his hunger to compete for a championship is beginning to manifest after seeing the Viking struggle to get over the hump.
Last year, Peterson had another productive year as he covered 1,266 yards on 279 carries and 10 touchdowns. However, the Vikings once again missed the postseason after finishing with a miserable 5-10 slate.
For more Adrian Peterson and Dallas Cowboys news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence