Broncos' Peyton Manning Fined For Taunting; QB Retaliates After Wes Welker’s Injury
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:32 AM EST
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been slapped with a $8,258 fine by the NFL for taunting in Saturday's preseason match against the Houston Texans, ESPN reported on Thursday morning.
Manning accepted the penalty given to him by the league after Houston safety D.J. Swearinger after hooking up with Emmanuel Sanders for a 29-yard TD score in the second quarter of the match.
"I accept the fine. It's money well spent," Manning said via ESPN. Manning will try to guide the Denver Broncos back to the Super Bowl after falling short against the Seattle Seahawks in last year's championship match.
It appears Manning's taunting was triggered by Swearinger after the safety's ferocious blow to wide receiver Wes Welker, who suffered a concussion in the match.
Record stated that it was the first time Manning was called for an unsportsmanlike conduct in his career. However, for the future Hall of Famer, the fine for taunting was all worth it.
"Fifteen yards with five seconds left in the half doesn't hurt you that much," Manning said. "I think if you're going to get one that's a good time to get one."
Meanwhile, Welker already underwent tests to determine the severity of concussion, and medical findings indicated that he's not seriously injured. Then again, Welker is expected to be sidelined in conformity of the NFL's concussion protocol.
Welker, who was sidelined for the third time since the concussion protocol was implemented in November of 2013, covered 778 yards on 73 receptions with 10 touchdown passes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy