Dallas Cowboys Safety Jakar Hamilton Suspended For Four Games
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:29 AM EST
Suspensions continued to pile up for the Dallas Cowboys, as a second player of their secondary defense is given multiple game ban. The NFL announced on Thursday Safety Jakar Hamilton will sit out for the first four games of the season after being found guilty of violating a substance abuse policy.
"Hamilton will miss the first four regular-season games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy," ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported on Thursday.
Hamilton, undrafted player out of South Carolina State, tested positive for unbanned substance for the second time in his career. By violating the league's drug policy, the NFL is requiring Hamilton to undergo 10 unannounced testing per month over two full seasons. A player sanctioned in stage 2 of the program cannot afford to fail another test or else the suspension could go up to one full season.
According to report, the Cowboys were already informed of a possible sanction on Hamilton before the league announced it.
Hamilton, who will join cornerback Orlando Scandrick as Cowboys players suspended for four games next season, is currently fighting to make the final cut before the start of the season.
Hamilton appeared in three games last season, but his spot in the 'Boys 53-man roster seemed to be slipping away even before the suspension after injuries (concussion and leg injury) forced him to miss two of the three preseason games so far.
Head coach Jason Garret believed Hamilton could have easily secured a spot in the roster if not for the injuries that hampered his play of late.
"Jakar's done a really nice job," Garrett told ESPN. "Unfortunately, he has been banged up here the last couple weeks. He's a guy that really, really made great strides, both as a back-end safety.
The 25-year old Hamilton recorded two tackles in those three games he played in his first year as a professional football player.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy