Dallas Cowboys Safety Jakar Hamilton Suspended For Four Games
By Lou Imperial | August 29, 2014 10:29 AM EST
Suspensions continued to pile up for the Dallas Cowboys, as a second player of their secondary defense is given multiple game ban. The NFL announced on Thursday Safety Jakar Hamilton will sit out for the first four games of the season after being found guilty of violating a substance abuse policy.
"Hamilton will miss the first four regular-season games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy," ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported on Thursday.
Hamilton, undrafted player out of South Carolina State, tested positive for unbanned substance for the second time in his career. By violating the league's drug policy, the NFL is requiring Hamilton to undergo 10 unannounced testing per month over two full seasons. A player sanctioned in stage 2 of the program cannot afford to fail another test or else the suspension could go up to one full season.
According to report, the Cowboys were already informed of a possible sanction on Hamilton before the league announced it.
Hamilton, who will join cornerback Orlando Scandrick as Cowboys players suspended for four games next season, is currently fighting to make the final cut before the start of the season.
Hamilton appeared in three games last season, but his spot in the 'Boys 53-man roster seemed to be slipping away even before the suspension after injuries (concussion and leg injury) forced him to miss two of the three preseason games so far.
Head coach Jason Garret believed Hamilton could have easily secured a spot in the roster if not for the injuries that hampered his play of late.
"Jakar's done a really nice job," Garrett told ESPN. "Unfortunately, he has been banged up here the last couple weeks. He's a guy that really, really made great strides, both as a back-end safety.
The 25-year old Hamilton recorded two tackles in those three games he played in his first year as a professional football player.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS