'Game Of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Braavosi Banker Tycho Nestoris Returns
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 29, 2014 10:23 AM EST
The highly successful HBO original series "Game of Thrones" may not have enjoyed much success in the recently concluded Primetime Emmy Awards but fans are still eagerly anticipating the fifth season. After all, it still is one of the most viewed and most downloaded TV shows in history. While filming for season 5 is in full swing, many spoilers and new information is coming to light including the return of "Sherlock" actor Mark Gatiss as Tycho Nestoris.
Actress Lena Headey, from the HBO drama series "Game of Thrones," arrives at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Gatiss first appeared in "Game of Thrones" in the episode "The Laws of Gods and Men" as the formidable and stern Braavosi banker Tycho Nestoris. Stannis Baratheon, the late King Robert's brother, had approached the Iron Bank for financial help in his campaign to gain the Iron Throne which he believes is rightfully his. Nestoris argues that the throne in question is in fact already occupied by Robert's son. Stannis argues that they all know that Robert's so-called-sons are actually products of Cersei and Jamie Lannister's incest making them ineligible for the throne. Nestoris states that he is a businessman and would invest his money where the power lies. Stannis, being a pretender to the throne who had been defeated at the Blackwater was not a sensible bet. An emphatic speech and some strong words from Stannis' right-hand man Davos Seaworth eventually sways the banker.
In the end, Stannis decides to use his new resources not to try to take King's Landing again but he came to rescue the Night's Watch from certain defeat in the hands of the wildlings in the battle at The Wall. Entertainment Weekly reports that the influential banker will return next season and the character will surely affect the direction that the gold flows in Westeros and in turn will also influence the identity of the occupant of the Iron Throne.
Gatiss , apart from reprising his "Game Of Thrones" role, is also the co-creator of "Sherlock" in which he also writes, produces and acts. The multi-talented actor also writes for the "Doctor Who" series. Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" is expected to air next spring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border