Charlize Theron Shares Love for Dior, Thinks Brand Embraces and Appreciates Real Beauty
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 10:07 AM EST
Charlize Theron is certainly an avid fan of Dior, if her stunning Dior pieces during red carpets did not give that away already. In an interview, however, the actress shared that the brand is certainly something that she stuck to because of its ability to appreciate real beauty.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
"There are very, very few brands that will be brave enough to really, completely take a step back and not to try and control what is considered beautiful," she tells WWD of the luxury fashion brand. "There's never been a moment - I have maybe gained weight or shaved my hair off or done something for a film - [that we couldn't] integrate [that] into what we were doing here. There's always been a celebration of what is that moment, whoever I am at that moment in my life. [It] is a very real way of looking at beauty."
Charlize feels thankful that she gets to wear the beautiful pieces being sent to her by the company but shares that the African in her makes her feel guilty and uncomfortable with the excess. Knowing that she would not be able to wear a Dior piece twice, she makes sure the dresses do not just sit idly by in her closet.
"[Mine] is a really nice closet ... I'm incredibly lucky, people are very generous and sending me stuff," she says. "I never take that for granted, but I'm always very aware that I'm one person and I can't wear everything. The idea of stuff just hanging in my closet and not being used - there's a little bit of the African in me that gets bothered by that,' she shared.
To address her discomfort, she imparted her blessings to others. She shared that her closet is always shared to her friends. She gives them the clothes she will not use anymore. She claims that a principle she abides by is that one should give others what is not being used anymore so that others can put it to better use.
The actress must really like the brand and Dior has a mutual fondness for her. They now have a decade-worth of relationship. Aside from the clothes, she also has an ongoing ad campaign for Christian Dior Parfums' J'adore fragrance.
Being guilty about her designer clothes is not the only time that the actress touch base with her African roots. Since she was raised in South Africa, Mail Online UK reports that Charlize and Sean Penn, her boyfriend are also set to be wed this year on her native country this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories