Charlize Theron Shares Love for Dior, Thinks Brand Embraces and Appreciates Real Beauty
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 10:07 AM EST
Charlize Theron is certainly an avid fan of Dior, if her stunning Dior pieces during red carpets did not give that away already. In an interview, however, the actress shared that the brand is certainly something that she stuck to because of its ability to appreciate real beauty.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
"There are very, very few brands that will be brave enough to really, completely take a step back and not to try and control what is considered beautiful," she tells WWD of the luxury fashion brand. "There's never been a moment - I have maybe gained weight or shaved my hair off or done something for a film - [that we couldn't] integrate [that] into what we were doing here. There's always been a celebration of what is that moment, whoever I am at that moment in my life. [It] is a very real way of looking at beauty."
Charlize feels thankful that she gets to wear the beautiful pieces being sent to her by the company but shares that the African in her makes her feel guilty and uncomfortable with the excess. Knowing that she would not be able to wear a Dior piece twice, she makes sure the dresses do not just sit idly by in her closet.
"[Mine] is a really nice closet ... I'm incredibly lucky, people are very generous and sending me stuff," she says. "I never take that for granted, but I'm always very aware that I'm one person and I can't wear everything. The idea of stuff just hanging in my closet and not being used - there's a little bit of the African in me that gets bothered by that,' she shared.
To address her discomfort, she imparted her blessings to others. She shared that her closet is always shared to her friends. She gives them the clothes she will not use anymore. She claims that a principle she abides by is that one should give others what is not being used anymore so that others can put it to better use.
The actress must really like the brand and Dior has a mutual fondness for her. They now have a decade-worth of relationship. Aside from the clothes, she also has an ongoing ad campaign for Christian Dior Parfums' J'adore fragrance.
Being guilty about her designer clothes is not the only time that the actress touch base with her African roots. Since she was raised in South Africa, Mail Online UK reports that Charlize and Sean Penn, her boyfriend are also set to be wed this year on her native country this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed