Charlize Theron Shares Love for Dior, Thinks Brand Embraces and Appreciates Real Beauty
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 10:07 AM EST
Charlize Theron is certainly an avid fan of Dior, if her stunning Dior pieces during red carpets did not give that away already. In an interview, however, the actress shared that the brand is certainly something that she stuck to because of its ability to appreciate real beauty.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
"There are very, very few brands that will be brave enough to really, completely take a step back and not to try and control what is considered beautiful," she tells WWD of the luxury fashion brand. "There's never been a moment - I have maybe gained weight or shaved my hair off or done something for a film - [that we couldn't] integrate [that] into what we were doing here. There's always been a celebration of what is that moment, whoever I am at that moment in my life. [It] is a very real way of looking at beauty."
Charlize feels thankful that she gets to wear the beautiful pieces being sent to her by the company but shares that the African in her makes her feel guilty and uncomfortable with the excess. Knowing that she would not be able to wear a Dior piece twice, she makes sure the dresses do not just sit idly by in her closet.
"[Mine] is a really nice closet ... I'm incredibly lucky, people are very generous and sending me stuff," she says. "I never take that for granted, but I'm always very aware that I'm one person and I can't wear everything. The idea of stuff just hanging in my closet and not being used - there's a little bit of the African in me that gets bothered by that,' she shared.
To address her discomfort, she imparted her blessings to others. She shared that her closet is always shared to her friends. She gives them the clothes she will not use anymore. She claims that a principle she abides by is that one should give others what is not being used anymore so that others can put it to better use.
The actress must really like the brand and Dior has a mutual fondness for her. They now have a decade-worth of relationship. Aside from the clothes, she also has an ongoing ad campaign for Christian Dior Parfums' J'adore fragrance.
Being guilty about her designer clothes is not the only time that the actress touch base with her African roots. Since she was raised in South Africa, Mail Online UK reports that Charlize and Sean Penn, her boyfriend are also set to be wed this year on her native country this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored