Nokia X2 vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 29, 2014 9:56 AM EST
The Nokia X2 was announced in June and the handset has recently been released in selected regions. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S, meanwhile, has recently been launched in India. Nevertheless, there is no information available to ascertain the release date in other parts of the globe at this point. Readers who are interested in the budget-friendly Nokia X2 or the Xiaomi Redmi 1S should check out this comparison.
Three models of China's Xiaomi Mi phones are pictured during their launch in New Delhi July 15, 2014. China's Xiaomi said it intends to invest heavily in India as the budget smartphone maker launched on Tuesday its flagship Mi phone and other products in the world's third largest smartphone market, currently dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
Display, Exterior And Size
The Nokia X2 features a 4.3-inch IPS LCD display bundled with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S, on the other hand, comes with a relatively bigger 4.7-inch IPS LCD display and 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution. The pixel densities of the Nokia X2 and the Xiaomi Redmi 1S handsets stand at 217 ppi and 312 ppi respectively.
When it comes to exterior, the Nokia X2 boasts an improved display with the introduction of Nokia's ClearBlack polarization technology. This technology makes the outdoor viewing experience relatively better. As Anand Tech puts it, "It can make a mediocre display look OK, and a good display look great, at least in my experience." Furthermore, the Nokia X2's exterior is similar to the other Nokia X handsets. However, the X2 integrates a new translucent outer layer that makes the exterior look glossy. Although, there is not much revealed on the exterior design of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S, the device comes with a premium-looking exterior. Moreover, Xiaomi Redmi's matte-effect laden back panel is alterable. The company is planning to offer colourful back panels for INR 459 that roughly translates to US$7 and AU$8.
The thickness and the weight of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S are 0.39-inch and 158 g respectively, whereas the Nokia X2 is 0.44-inch thick and weighs 150 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
The Nokia X2 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S, on the other hand, is powered by a relatively better quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.6 GHz. However, both the phones house the same 1 GB of RAM. Also, the Nokia X2 runs on Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean on top of Nokia X platform 2.0 UI, whereas the Xiaomi Redmi 1S runs on the same Android version as the Nokia device along with MIUI v5.
While the Nokia X2 comes with 4 GB of internal storage, the Xiaomi device comes with 8 GB of in-built storage. Both the phones support microSD card for expansion up to 32 GB.
Camera And Battery
While the Nokia X sports a 5 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, the Xiaomi Redmi 1S features a good 8 MP unit with LED flash. Also, the X2 houses a VGA shooter in the front, whereas the Redmi 1S comes with a 1.6 MP secondary unit
The Nokia X2 houses a Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery unit, while the Redmi 1S features a relatively better Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery unit.
1. Both the phones come equipped with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and microUSB support.
2. Also, both the handsets support dual-SIM. While the Nokia handset houses micro-SIM, the Xiaomi handset houses mini-SIM.
2. Killer Motorola Moto G2 To Feature 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 8 MP Camera; Price, Specifications and Images Linked - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports