Kendall Jenner Drops Family Name To Pursue Dream In A Modeling Career
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Kendall is omitting her surname to go after the career of her lifetime dreams. It was never a secret on how much of a hindrance Kendall thinks of her infamous family name.
Kendall Jenner arrives on the red carpet at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In the official website of her modeling agency, The Society, Kendall Jenner's profile shows that she is now simply going by first name, Racked reports. Standing at 5'10.5" tall and owning a 24" inch waist is hardly that surprising for a model. However, the lack of surname, especially a household surname, is shocking.
It is not that Kendall did not give signs of how she dislikes her family's name when it comes to allowing her to go after her modelling dreams. Last July, the budding model told Love magazine that she thinks her family's name is not helping her reach her dreams. Instead, the famous surname is making it even harder.
Kendall famously told Love magazine last July that she thinks her family's fame is working against her.
"People think that this success just came to me", she said. "But it did not. What I have almost worked against me. I went on castings and some people were not feeling them because of my name. But it is great when people did not recognize me".
Whatever her reason to drop her last time in her modelling profile, it cannot be denied how good the year is for Kendall's career of choice. She already walked for big fashion names such as Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Giles and Givenchy during fashion week. She also successfully made her catwalk debut in New York, London and Paris. Kendall also has numerous magazine covers, such as Love and Teen Vogue. She was also hired for a Givenchy campaign, a Paris Vogue editorial and earned a spot on Haute Couture fashion shows.
Her latest achievement was doing an appearance in American Vogue's biggest issue of the year. The upcoming month's issue of Vogue will feature 9 supermodels called the "Instagirls". Even though she did not make it to the cover of the magazine, her 13 million followers made her worthy to be included in this hefty edition of Vogue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks