Kendall Jenner Drops Family Name To Pursue Dream In A Modeling Career
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Kendall is omitting her surname to go after the career of her lifetime dreams. It was never a secret on how much of a hindrance Kendall thinks of her infamous family name.
Kendall Jenner arrives on the red carpet at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In the official website of her modeling agency, The Society, Kendall Jenner's profile shows that she is now simply going by first name, Racked reports. Standing at 5'10.5" tall and owning a 24" inch waist is hardly that surprising for a model. However, the lack of surname, especially a household surname, is shocking.
It is not that Kendall did not give signs of how she dislikes her family's name when it comes to allowing her to go after her modelling dreams. Last July, the budding model told Love magazine that she thinks her family's name is not helping her reach her dreams. Instead, the famous surname is making it even harder.
Kendall famously told Love magazine last July that she thinks her family's fame is working against her.
"People think that this success just came to me", she said. "But it did not. What I have almost worked against me. I went on castings and some people were not feeling them because of my name. But it is great when people did not recognize me".
Whatever her reason to drop her last time in her modelling profile, it cannot be denied how good the year is for Kendall's career of choice. She already walked for big fashion names such as Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Giles and Givenchy during fashion week. She also successfully made her catwalk debut in New York, London and Paris. Kendall also has numerous magazine covers, such as Love and Teen Vogue. She was also hired for a Givenchy campaign, a Paris Vogue editorial and earned a spot on Haute Couture fashion shows.
Her latest achievement was doing an appearance in American Vogue's biggest issue of the year. The upcoming month's issue of Vogue will feature 9 supermodels called the "Instagirls". Even though she did not make it to the cover of the magazine, her 13 million followers made her worthy to be included in this hefty edition of Vogue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown