Kendall Jenner Drops Family Name To Pursue Dream In A Modeling Career
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Kendall is omitting her surname to go after the career of her lifetime dreams. It was never a secret on how much of a hindrance Kendall thinks of her infamous family name.
Kendall Jenner arrives on the red carpet at the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In the official website of her modeling agency, The Society, Kendall Jenner's profile shows that she is now simply going by first name, Racked reports. Standing at 5'10.5" tall and owning a 24" inch waist is hardly that surprising for a model. However, the lack of surname, especially a household surname, is shocking.
It is not that Kendall did not give signs of how she dislikes her family's name when it comes to allowing her to go after her modelling dreams. Last July, the budding model told Love magazine that she thinks her family's name is not helping her reach her dreams. Instead, the famous surname is making it even harder.
Kendall famously told Love magazine last July that she thinks her family's fame is working against her.
"People think that this success just came to me", she said. "But it did not. What I have almost worked against me. I went on castings and some people were not feeling them because of my name. But it is great when people did not recognize me".
Whatever her reason to drop her last time in her modelling profile, it cannot be denied how good the year is for Kendall's career of choice. She already walked for big fashion names such as Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Giles and Givenchy during fashion week. She also successfully made her catwalk debut in New York, London and Paris. Kendall also has numerous magazine covers, such as Love and Teen Vogue. She was also hired for a Givenchy campaign, a Paris Vogue editorial and earned a spot on Haute Couture fashion shows.
Her latest achievement was doing an appearance in American Vogue's biggest issue of the year. The upcoming month's issue of Vogue will feature 9 supermodels called the "Instagirls". Even though she did not make it to the cover of the magazine, her 13 million followers made her worthy to be included in this hefty edition of Vogue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan