Super-Slim Samsung Galaxy Alpha Promo Showcases Ravishing Metallic Design Of The Handset [Watch Video]
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 29, 2014 9:49 AM EST
After a not-so-impressive run with the 2014 flagship Galaxy S5, Samsung is gearing up for the release of the Galaxy Alpha handset. Also, the trust and faith the company has over the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Alpha is very much palpable in the latest promo released recently.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
The South Korean conglomerate has utilised quite a lot of marketing expenditure to churn out the incredible one minute promo of the aforementioned device. The metal-clad Galaxy Alpha's look speaks volumes, according to Phone Arena. [Scroll down to watch the video.]
Also it is worth mentioning that, the Galaxy Alpha is touted as Samsung's answer to Apple's upcoming iPhone 6. Interestingly, both the devices share the same display size of 4.7-inch. Apparently, Samsung has used the cardFon (tied to model number SGH-P310) handset released in 2006 as the inspiration for the upcoming Galaxy Alpha.
The company also stated that the stand-out points about the Alpha handset is its metal body and the rounded corners. Notably, Samsung has long been associated with making plastic-looking phones. Hence Galaxy Alpha is the much-required change for the company, owing to the metal-crazy crowd.
Furthermore, the device showcases furrowed exterior and protruding edges on all four sides. The company claims that the protruding corners will make the Galaxy Alpha shock-proof. Meaning, any accidental fall or the impact aftermath will be endured by a larger region. This way, the phone can be protected from being damaged irrevocably.
Based on the earlier reports, key specifications of this Samsung device include:
- 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display and 720 x 1,280 pixels resolution
- Either of octa-core (Exynos) or a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor
- A 12 MP rear-facing camera unit
- A 2.1 MP front-facing shooter
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of internal storage capacity
- No microSD card slot
- 1860 mAh battery unit
- Android v4.4.4 KitKat OS
- Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, USB and NFC support
- Fingerprint and Gesture sensors
- 6.7 mm thick and 115 g in weight
- LTE Cat. 6 support
Also, the expected Samsung Galaxy Alpha release date is set for Sept. 12. Interested readers should check out this killer promo of the upcoming device. [Source: Samsung's official YouTube channel pertaining to France]
What do you think of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha? Will this be a game changer for Samsung? More importantly, will this device trump iPhone 6? Feel free to leave a comment.
1. iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot - [Read]
2. Killer Motorola Moto G2 To Feature 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 8 MP Camera; Price, Specifications and Images Linked - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports