Top 10 Richest Boxers
August 29, 2014 9:43 AM EST
1 Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Net Worth: $280 Million
Floyd Mayweather is dubbed as the most successful and active boxer today with a perfect record in his career as a pro. Mayweather is the first athlete besides Tiger Woods to earn $100 million in Forbes list of highest-paid athletes. Besides boxing, he is also a main media figure with appearances at the WWE and Dancing with the Stars.
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. poses on the scale during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arenain Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014. Mayweather faces WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the arena on May 3.
2 George Foreman
Net Worth: $250 Million
The second richest boxer did not make his fortune in the ring - he made it in the grill. It is reported that George Foreman made $200 million of his $250 million net worth through selling the famous George Foreman grill, which is also one of the best-selling housewares in the United States.
3 Oscar De La Hoya
Net Worth: $200 Million
Right after graduating from James A. Garfield High School, he won a gold medal at the Barcelona Olympic Games and Oscar De La Hoya made more money out of pay-per-view fights than in boxing. He founded one of the most successful promotional companies in boxing, the Golden Boy Promotions.
4 Lennox Lewis
Net Worth $140 Million
Lennox Lewis is one of the most feared heavyweight boxers during his time and a former undisputed world heavyweight champion. He turned professional in 1989 and retired in 2004 with a record of 41 wins, 2 loses and 1 draw.
5 Sugar Ray Leonard
Net Worth: $120 Million
Sugar Ray Leonard was a force in the boxing realm and he retired in 1997 holding a record of 36 wins, 3 loses and 1 draw with a comfortable $120 million net worth. Apart from being a professional boxer, he is also a motivational speaker and an occasional actor.
6 Manny Pacquiao
Net Worth: $100 Million
Manny Pacquiao is a Filipino boxer with a total record of 55 wins, 5 losses and 2 draws. He was also elected to the House of Representatives as a congressman of the Philippines. He is scheduled to face Chris Algieri on Nov. 22 in Macau, China.
7 Vitali Klitschko
Net Worth: $65 Million
Vitali Klitschko is not a typical boxer. Apart from being a former WBO and WBC champion he also holds a PhD, an avid chess player and a politician. He retired from professional boxing last year with a total record of 45 wins and 2 losses but he remained the leader of the Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform.
8 Muhammad Ali
Net Worth: $50 Million
Muhammad Ali is one of the iconic boxers of all time and his part in and out of the ring has been legendary. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, which he has been battling for over 30 years.
9 Marvin Hagler
Net Worth: $45 Million
Marvin Hagler was an animal in the ring with stellar performances. He was only defeated once by Sugar Ray Leonard in 1987, which was also his last fight. He retired in Italy with occasional movie appearances and approximately have a $45 million net worth.
10 Ricky Hatton
Net Worth: $40 Million
Apart from being a former WBO, WBA (Super), IBF, IBO and the The Ring Light Welterweight Champion, Ricky Hatton is one of the most financially successful boxers but he retired early in 2011, after he'd lost a big fight with Manny Pacquiao. He made a comeback in 2012 but he retired again after two months.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown