Ed Sheeran: ‘I’ve Never Met Her' On Miley Cyrus VMA Shade
By Tanya Diente | August 29, 2014 9:24 AM EST
Everyone is probably wondering if the "A Team" singer is mad at Miley Cyrus after she reportedly called him an "a**hole" at the VMAs.
US Weekly claims Cyrus mouthed "a**hole" when the 23-year old singer walked past her to accept his "Best Male Video Award" for his song "Sing." As seen on the video (below), Ed is seen smiling as he does the high-five with some people he knew except with Miley. As he passes by, the site reports Miley Cyrus was clearly mouthing the foul word.
Singer Ed Sheeran poses backstage after winning the award for best male video for "Sing" during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
"On Air With Ryan Seacrest" called the British singer on Wednesday, Aug. 27, so he could finally put to rest all assumptions about the supposed feud between him and the "Wrecking Ball" singer. However, Ed Sheeran is apparently in no mood for a feud.
"Well, I don't know why people were expecting that [high-five]. I've never met her," he told listeners on air.
"There was a high-five between me and Scooter [Braun] because I know him, and that was the only high-five. I don't know what people we're expecting," he added.
Apparently, Ed Sheeran does not harbour any ill feelings towards Miley. He even acknowledged her singing prowess and called her a "fantastic artist." He reportedly also didn't rule out the possibility of making music with her in the future.
"She's got a great voice and writes great songs," he told Ryan Seacrest.
Fans reportedly started forming theories and speculations as to why the 21-year old Miley threw a shade at the Brit. Few linked it to Ed Sheeran's criticism of her twerking, when he called it as a "stripper move." (Watch video below).
"If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," he told E! News during the post-Grammy party for Warner Music Group.
He reportedly even called on Miley's attention on camera and pleaded with her to stop "encouraging little kids to twerk." That she should just stick to singing "Wrecking Ball" because it's "a great song."
Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus and her rep has yet to comment on speculations that she called Ed Sheeran an "a**hole" at the VMAs.
Source: YouTube/Clevver News
Source: YouTube/ Corey McKittrick
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report