Ed Sheeran: ‘I’ve Never Met Her' On Miley Cyrus VMA Shade
By Tanya Diente | August 29, 2014 9:24 AM EST
Everyone is probably wondering if the "A Team" singer is mad at Miley Cyrus after she reportedly called him an "a**hole" at the VMAs.
US Weekly claims Cyrus mouthed "a**hole" when the 23-year old singer walked past her to accept his "Best Male Video Award" for his song "Sing." As seen on the video (below), Ed is seen smiling as he does the high-five with some people he knew except with Miley. As he passes by, the site reports Miley Cyrus was clearly mouthing the foul word.
Singer Ed Sheeran poses backstage after winning the award for best male video for "Sing" during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
"On Air With Ryan Seacrest" called the British singer on Wednesday, Aug. 27, so he could finally put to rest all assumptions about the supposed feud between him and the "Wrecking Ball" singer. However, Ed Sheeran is apparently in no mood for a feud.
"Well, I don't know why people were expecting that [high-five]. I've never met her," he told listeners on air.
"There was a high-five between me and Scooter [Braun] because I know him, and that was the only high-five. I don't know what people we're expecting," he added.
Apparently, Ed Sheeran does not harbour any ill feelings towards Miley. He even acknowledged her singing prowess and called her a "fantastic artist." He reportedly also didn't rule out the possibility of making music with her in the future.
"She's got a great voice and writes great songs," he told Ryan Seacrest.
Fans reportedly started forming theories and speculations as to why the 21-year old Miley threw a shade at the Brit. Few linked it to Ed Sheeran's criticism of her twerking, when he called it as a "stripper move." (Watch video below).
"If you go to a strip club, not that I go to strip clubs, but if you go to a strip club, they twerk," he told E! News during the post-Grammy party for Warner Music Group.
He reportedly even called on Miley's attention on camera and pleaded with her to stop "encouraging little kids to twerk." That she should just stick to singing "Wrecking Ball" because it's "a great song."
Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus and her rep has yet to comment on speculations that she called Ed Sheeran an "a**hole" at the VMAs.
Source: YouTube/Clevver News
Source: YouTube/ Corey McKittrick
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks