Jon Voight Has No Idea That Angelina Jolie Married Brad Pitt in France
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 8:22 AM EST
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt surprised everyone when they got married on France, including Jolie's own father, Jon Voight. The bride's father said that she had no idea that his daughter was married to her long-time fiancé and the father of her six children over the weekend. Voight however was not displeased by the news.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive for a special Maleficent Costume Display at Kensington Palace in London May 8, 2014. "Maleficent" is the upcoming Disney film starring Jolie and Kensington Palace is the official residence of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
Jon Voight shared to Inside Edition that he was as surprised as everyone that his daughter and Brad Pitt finally tied the knot. When asked for a comment, the actor claimed that he thinks it is a nice news. The two did not really have a close father-daughter relationship, even though they have worked together for two movies. Their relationship seems to be getting better in the recent years however.
"Well I'm always happy when she's happy", shared the actor to the Independent. "And when she do something good. And there's a lot of good that she's done, y'know? She does things quietly to the side. I'm very proud of her. And she's a good director now too".
The news broke out that Jolie and Pitt finally tied the knot in a secret wedding at Chateau Miraval in France on Saturday. A spokesperson for the A-list couple confirmed the news last August 28. During the wedding, the now married couple's six children all had roles to play. Maddox and Pax were the ones to walk their mom down the aisle, while Zahara and Vivienne were the flower girls during the secret ceremony. Shiloh and Knox were both ring bearers.
While the two has been engaged since 2012 and keeps telling everyone that they will get married eventually, the marriage was still a shocker for everyone. They once told everyone they will only tie the knot if everyone in the U.S. can get married after all.
Still, this is obviously what Brad Pitt wanted all along. Shortly after he proposed to Jolie last 2012, he told The Hollywood Reporter that he would really like to take Jolie to the altar.
"We'd actually like to and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment", shared Brad Pitt to The Hollywood Reporter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu