Jon Voight Has No Idea That Angelina Jolie Married Brad Pitt in France
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 8:22 AM EST
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt surprised everyone when they got married on France, including Jolie's own father, Jon Voight. The bride's father said that she had no idea that his daughter was married to her long-time fiancé and the father of her six children over the weekend. Voight however was not displeased by the news.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive for a special Maleficent Costume Display at Kensington Palace in London May 8, 2014. "Maleficent" is the upcoming Disney film starring Jolie and Kensington Palace is the official residence of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
Jon Voight shared to Inside Edition that he was as surprised as everyone that his daughter and Brad Pitt finally tied the knot. When asked for a comment, the actor claimed that he thinks it is a nice news. The two did not really have a close father-daughter relationship, even though they have worked together for two movies. Their relationship seems to be getting better in the recent years however.
"Well I'm always happy when she's happy", shared the actor to the Independent. "And when she do something good. And there's a lot of good that she's done, y'know? She does things quietly to the side. I'm very proud of her. And she's a good director now too".
The news broke out that Jolie and Pitt finally tied the knot in a secret wedding at Chateau Miraval in France on Saturday. A spokesperson for the A-list couple confirmed the news last August 28. During the wedding, the now married couple's six children all had roles to play. Maddox and Pax were the ones to walk their mom down the aisle, while Zahara and Vivienne were the flower girls during the secret ceremony. Shiloh and Knox were both ring bearers.
While the two has been engaged since 2012 and keeps telling everyone that they will get married eventually, the marriage was still a shocker for everyone. They once told everyone they will only tie the knot if everyone in the U.S. can get married after all.
Still, this is obviously what Brad Pitt wanted all along. Shortly after he proposed to Jolie last 2012, he told The Hollywood Reporter that he would really like to take Jolie to the altar.
"We'd actually like to and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment", shared Brad Pitt to The Hollywood Reporter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date