Jon Voight Has No Idea That Angelina Jolie Married Brad Pitt in France
By Annie Dee | August 29, 2014 8:22 AM EST
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt surprised everyone when they got married on France, including Jolie's own father, Jon Voight. The bride's father said that she had no idea that his daughter was married to her long-time fiancé and the father of her six children over the weekend. Voight however was not displeased by the news.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive for a special Maleficent Costume Display at Kensington Palace in London May 8, 2014. "Maleficent" is the upcoming Disney film starring Jolie and Kensington Palace is the official residence of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
Jon Voight shared to Inside Edition that he was as surprised as everyone that his daughter and Brad Pitt finally tied the knot. When asked for a comment, the actor claimed that he thinks it is a nice news. The two did not really have a close father-daughter relationship, even though they have worked together for two movies. Their relationship seems to be getting better in the recent years however.
"Well I'm always happy when she's happy", shared the actor to the Independent. "And when she do something good. And there's a lot of good that she's done, y'know? She does things quietly to the side. I'm very proud of her. And she's a good director now too".
The news broke out that Jolie and Pitt finally tied the knot in a secret wedding at Chateau Miraval in France on Saturday. A spokesperson for the A-list couple confirmed the news last August 28. During the wedding, the now married couple's six children all had roles to play. Maddox and Pax were the ones to walk their mom down the aisle, while Zahara and Vivienne were the flower girls during the secret ceremony. Shiloh and Knox were both ring bearers.
While the two has been engaged since 2012 and keeps telling everyone that they will get married eventually, the marriage was still a shocker for everyone. They once told everyone they will only tie the knot if everyone in the U.S. can get married after all.
Still, this is obviously what Brad Pitt wanted all along. Shortly after he proposed to Jolie last 2012, he told The Hollywood Reporter that he would really like to take Jolie to the altar.
"We'd actually like to and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment", shared Brad Pitt to The Hollywood Reporter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness