Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Are Now Husband And Wife: Wedding Held In France With Jolie-Pitt Kids
By Janice Somosot | August 29, 2014 12:41 AM EST
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are now husband and wife. According to the Associated Press who first reported about the news, the wedding was held in a small chapel at Chateau Miraval in Correns, France on Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014. The Jolie-Pitt kids 13-year-old Maddox Chivan, 11-year-old Pax Thien, 9-year-old Zahara Marley, 8-year-old Shiloh Nouvel and 6-year-old twins Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Léon, were reportedly on hand to witness the momentous occasion as well as take part in it. Read on to learn more about the details of Jolie and Pitt's wedding in France.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive for a special Maleficent Costume Display at Kensington Palace in London May 8, 2014. "Maleficent" is the upcoming Disney film starring Jolie and Kensington Palace is the official residence of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
The Associated Press, or AP tweeted about the Jolie-Pitt wedding on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:33 a.m.
Jolie and Pitt who are sometimes referred to as "Brangelina," first got their marriage license from a judge in California. The said judge wed the couple in France. Their spokesman also revealed to AP that the twins Knox and Shiloh were the ring bearers, while Vivienne and Zahara were the ones who threw flower petals. As for Pax and Maddox, they walked with Jolie as she headed down the aisle towards Pitt. Aside from their six children, their family and close friends also attended the ceremony.
This is Jolie's third marriage and Pitt's second marriage. Jolie was married to Jonny Lee Miller from 1996 to 1999 and to Billy Bob Thornton from 2000 to 2003. Pitt was married to former "Friends" star Jennifer Aniston from 2000 to 2005.
39-year-old Jolie and 50-year-old Pitt starred in the 2005 film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" where they reportedly fell in love on set. However, they did not publicize their relationship until January 2006 when Jolie finally admitted that she was pregnant with Pitt's child (Shiloh). In April 2012, they announced their engagement. Pitt even gave Jolie a customized engagement ring which he helped design with Robert Procop.
After "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," "Brangelina" will next be seen in the movie "By the Sea" which was written by none other than Jolie herself. It will be shot in Malta.
For more updates about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, as well as other news about entertainment, technology, business, science, politics, economy, health and sports, keep reading International Business Times.
READ MORE ABOUT ANGELINA JOLIE AND BRAD PITT:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates