‘Sons of Anarchy’ Charlie Hunnam As The New King Arthur, Quick Facts About ‘Knight Of The Roundtable: King Arthur’
By Riza Ornos | August 28, 2014 10:24 PM EST
Now that FX outlaw biker series, "Sons of Anarchy," is set to air its final season, Charlie Hunnam, who will be reprising his role as SAMCRO's president Jax Teller, is in the process to play King Arthur in Guy Ritchie's upcoming six-series movie. Hunnam, who is also known for his role in the summer hit "Pacific Rim," is currently in talks to play one of the the iconic characters in English Literature, in the Warner Bros. movie "Knight of the Roundtable: King Arthur."
(L-R) Cast members Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, and Kim Coates of drama the series "Sons of Anarchy" participate in a panel discussion during FX Networks' portion of the 2014 Television Critics Association Cable Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, California July 21, 2014.
Cast along side "Pacific Rim" co-star Idris Alba, Hunnam will be trained by Alba, who will play a Merlin-like figure, as he is in talks to play Bedivere, Arthur's father's right-hand man. Bedivere will mentor the young knight and teach him how to lead an army, as he learns his true destiny in the lives of Camelot's people.
Directed by Guy Ritchie, the highly anticipated movie has been written by Joby Harold. The writer is set to produce the movie along with Lionel Wigram, Akiva Goldsman and Tony Tunnell. Niija Kuykendall and Cate Adam will be in charge of overseeing the studio for the upcoming production.
The Hollywood hunk read the part for King Arthur along with "Superman" star Henry Cavill and "Divergent" actor Jai Courtney. With the film scheduled to release on July 22, 2016, "King Arthur"will be Charlie's new movie, after he dropped out of the racy movie "Fifty Shades of Grey." In the movie, he was cast to play the kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
"He's already got a franchise at Warner Bros and Legendary in the Guillermo del Toro-directed Pacific Rim, and now he's poised to play one of the most iconic characters in literature and movie history," Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr. reports. "Hunnam is perfectly suited for this job. When you see Hunnam as Jax Teller leading the Sons into the final brutal revenge filled final season, I think you'll agree that he has all the intensity necessary to play King Arthur."
The last "King Arthur" film was released by Disney in 2004, with British actor Clive Owen playing the lead role opposite Keira Knightley as Guinevere. "Godzilla" actress Elizabeth Olsen is the frontrunner to play the lead role opposite Hunnam.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate