Karrueche Tran Vs. Blue Ivy Carter: Tran Apologises To Beyonce and Jay's Fans For Dissing Blue's Natural Hair [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 9:39 PM EST
Vietnamese model Karrueche Tran is facing severe public backlash on social media after she dissed Beyonce and Jay Z's daughter ,Blue Ivy Carter on a recent television show. Tran, who is more famous for being the on and off girlfriend of rapper Chris Brown, made fun of Blue Ivy's natural hair on the show after the child made a surprise appearance with her parents at the recent MTV Video Music Awards. [Check out the video clip below].
Beyonce and Jay-Z perform "Drunk In Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
Tran took a dig at the toddler's hair on BET's show "106 & Park" during a skit entitled "Top Six Things Blue Ivy Thought At The VMAs." "Here are the top six things Blue Ivy thought about the VMAs," said her co-host and Tran immediately adopted a funny childish accent to say the following.
"I really did wake up like this because my parents never comb my hair," said Tran, making fun of Blue's natural hair. Although, she immediately laughed it off and said "Sorry, Blue! I love you!," after her initial remark but the damage was already done.
Critics and fans of Queen Bey and Jay Z took to Twitter and blasted Karrueche for taking a dig at a small child on television. People left really harsh comments on Tran's Twitter page where they asked her to look at her career first before commenting on Blue Ivy's hair. Check out some of the hateful Tweets directed at Tran below.
Karuche Tran is a liar. She said that from her heart. She's just made our country look even more ghetto than it already was. #BlueIvy
— THE REAL TRAP SHADY (@TrapShady) August 27, 2014
Beyoncé fans made a petition to get Karrueche deported for insulting Blue Ivy's hair — ℓolita (@priscillux) August 28, 2014
All the negativity has affected Tran deeply and she apologised on all her social media accounts for her mistake, saying that she did not write the controversial script and said whatever lines her producers gave her. Tran also added that she is a big fan of the singer Beyonce and would never say anything about her child, intentionally.
Admitting that the past two days have been "extremely draining" for her, Trans issued a long apology on her Instagram page, saying she never expected things would take such an ugly turn. She further apologised to "any and everyone who felt offended in any way by the comments made by BET executed through" her. She concluded her apology by confessing that it was a learning experience for her and she "loves" Beyonce and would never "disrespect" any child.
Stephen G. Hill, president of music programming and specials for BET Networks, took to Twitter on Tuesday to apologise for the Blue Ivy segment and also defended Karrueche. Hill also mentioned that he reached out to Bey and Jay privately to apologise. Check out his Tweets here.
Check out the controversial video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers