‘The Big Bang Theory’ Actor Johnny Galecki And Kelli Garner Split, Actor Shooting For Season 8 -- Reports
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 28, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have reportedly decided to end their relationship after dating for more than two years. Galecki and Garner, however, continue to remain friends, according to media reports.
Us Weekly was the first to report about Galecki and Garner's break-up. E! News has now confirmed the news. A source said to Us that Galecki, who plays Leonard in "The Big Bang Theory," and Garner, who played Kate Cameron in "Pan Am," have separated on an amicable note. Us Weekly quoted the source as saying "Johnny and Kelli are still best friends."
According to reports, Galecki arrived at the Emmy Awards on Monday, without Garner. The two were secretly dating for a while before they made their first public appearance, together, in March 2012. Previously, Galecki was secretly dating his "The Big Bang Theory" co-star Kaley Cuoco [Penny]. Galecki and Cuoco were in a relationship for nearly two years, but the media never got a whiff of it. When Cuoco got married to Ryan Sweeting, last year on New Year's Eve, Galecki attended the wedding ceremony with Garner.
Meanwhile, Galecki is currently shooting "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8, which began production on Aug. 08. The actor recently hit the headlines when he and his co-actors Cuoco and Jim Parsons [Sheldon] signed on their new contracts, which have given them a huge pay hike. These three actors are now taking home $1 Million dollar per episode.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, with two episodes. The last season saw Leonard and Penny getting engaged and they were thinking of moving in together. The new season will show Penny working as a pharmaceutical sales representative and she will be making good money. They are unlikely to split but some friction is expected in their relationship.
According to reports, Leonard and Penny are not going to get married soon. At the moment, it looks unlikely that writer will make them walk down the aisle in Season 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’