Brazilian Women-Only-Town Says No To Marriage, Baptism And Rules Made Up By Men
By Athena Yenko | August 28, 2014 7:37 PM EST
The approximately 600 women in the Brazilian town of Noiva do Cordeiro - mostly aged between 20 and 25 - are saying no to marriage, baptism and any rules made by men.
The beautiful women of the town are making headlines with their appeal for single men.
"Here, the only men we single girls meet are either married or related to us; everyone is a cousin. I haven't kissed a man for a long time. We all dream of falling in love and getting married," Nelma Fernandes, 23, said.
However, for men to win their hearts, they need to accept their strong conviction that is rooted in the town's history.
Noiva de Cordeiro means Bride of the Lamb. A woman, Maria Senhorinha de Lima, fled to the then nameless town as she was being ostracised for being an adulteress. Delina Fernandes Pereira, one of her grandchildren, is presently living in the town and had became controversial for being married to a pastor at the very young age of 16.
Inasmuch as the women in the town were very vocal and passionate in their search for men, they will not allow men to get in the way how they are running the town.
"We have God in our hearts. But we don't think we need to go to church, get married in front of a priest or baptise our children. These are rules made up by men," Rosalee Fernandes told The Telegraph UK.
Fernandes underlined that the town has proven that women do better than men. Noiva do Cordeiro is more peaceful compared if men were in charge. When there are arguments, the women resolve it through finding a compromise rather than creating a conflict like how men do.
The women love their way of life and have no plan of leaving the town to find a husband. Hence, they are looking for husbands who would be strong enough to leave their own lives and surrender to their conviction.
They sounded tough but these women will always be girls in their hearts. They act as each other's sisters, sharing everything - all for one, and one for all.
They live humbly and are the happiest even with the simplest things. Just recently, they work together to come up with funds to buy a big widescreen TV - "so we can all watch soap operas together." They always have time for chit-chats, shares each other's clothes and do each other's hair and nails.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones