Top 5 Prettiest Hair And Makeup Looks From The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
By Janice Somosot | August 28, 2014 7:30 PM EST
The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards aired on Monday, Aug. 25, 2014 on NBC. It was held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The 2014 Emmys was hosted by comedian Seth Meyers ("Late Night with Seth Meyers"). While it celebrated the best TV shows in the U.S. from June 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014, part of the glitzy ceremony is the arrival of the stars on the Red Carpet. The stars in their gorgeous gowns are also celebrated for their sartorial choices. But, not a lot of attention is given to the beauty department who is responsible for the hair and makeup that make these stars look absolutely stunning. It's high time we put the spotlight on the top 5 prettiest hair and makeup looks from the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Take a look at the list below to see who among the most beautiful stars made it to the list.
Michelle Dockery from the PBS/BBC series "Downton Abbey" arrives at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
1. January Jones -
According to People, Jones, who plays Betty Draper in AMC's "Mad Men," wore a bright red Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in the shade "Coromandel." It perfectly matched her red Prabal Gurung gown. Her eyes were lined in black and her blonde hair was in a pretty bun. She also wore bangs that beautifully framed her face. Click HERE to see a photo of Jones from People.
2. Claire Danes -
Danes, who stars as Carrie Mathison in Showtime's "Homeland," also wore her hair in a bun, with a fishtail braid twist. According to Allure, it was styled by Peter Butler. Like Jones, Danes also wore a red Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick, but hers was the Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour in the shade "La Flamboyante." It was paired with Chanel Precision Lip Definer in "Rouge Profond." Click HERE to see a photo of Danes' hair from Allure. Click HERE to see a photo of Danes' lipstick from InStyle.
3. Michelle Dockery -
Dockery, who portrays Lady Mary Crawley in PBS/ITV's "Downton Abbey," wore simple makeup in a neutral palette with black eyeliner. According to InStyle, she used Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Lip Pencil in "#1" and Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer in "#106" on her lips. Her hair was in a classic, low chignon style which was accessorized with a 24 karat gold hair clip that is shaped like a wishbone. This pretty clip was designed by Ana Khouri. Click HERE to see a photo of Dockery from Allure.
4. Kate Mara -
Mara, who played the character Zoe Barnes in the Netflix TV series "House of Cards," wore her hair down in a cute and textured bob. She wore nude lipstick (K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Nude Kate and Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Iconic Nude) and black eyeliner around her eyes. Click HERE to see a photo of Mara from InStyle.
5. Kerry Washington -
Washington, who plays Olivia Pope in the ABC drama "Scandal," wore metallic teal eye shadow. Her makeup artist Carola Gonzalez reportedly used Diorshow Fusion Mono 281 in "Cosmos" and layered it with Neutrogena's "Forever Platinum" shadow to create her unique smoky eyes. Click HERE to see Washington's photo from People.
These are the top 5 prettiest hair and makeup looks from the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. For more updates about fashion, makeup and entertainment, keep reading International Business Times. Read up also on other news at IBTimes, including the latest about technology, business, politics, science, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report