Top 5 Prettiest Hair And Makeup Looks From The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
By Janice Somosot | August 28, 2014 7:30 PM EST
The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards aired on Monday, Aug. 25, 2014 on NBC. It was held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The 2014 Emmys was hosted by comedian Seth Meyers ("Late Night with Seth Meyers"). While it celebrated the best TV shows in the U.S. from June 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014, part of the glitzy ceremony is the arrival of the stars on the Red Carpet. The stars in their gorgeous gowns are also celebrated for their sartorial choices. But, not a lot of attention is given to the beauty department who is responsible for the hair and makeup that make these stars look absolutely stunning. It's high time we put the spotlight on the top 5 prettiest hair and makeup looks from the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Take a look at the list below to see who among the most beautiful stars made it to the list.
Michelle Dockery from the PBS/BBC series "Downton Abbey" arrives at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
1. January Jones -
According to People, Jones, who plays Betty Draper in AMC's "Mad Men," wore a bright red Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in the shade "Coromandel." It perfectly matched her red Prabal Gurung gown. Her eyes were lined in black and her blonde hair was in a pretty bun. She also wore bangs that beautifully framed her face. Click HERE to see a photo of Jones from People.
2. Claire Danes -
Danes, who stars as Carrie Mathison in Showtime's "Homeland," also wore her hair in a bun, with a fishtail braid twist. According to Allure, it was styled by Peter Butler. Like Jones, Danes also wore a red Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick, but hers was the Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour in the shade "La Flamboyante." It was paired with Chanel Precision Lip Definer in "Rouge Profond." Click HERE to see a photo of Danes' hair from Allure. Click HERE to see a photo of Danes' lipstick from InStyle.
3. Michelle Dockery -
Dockery, who portrays Lady Mary Crawley in PBS/ITV's "Downton Abbey," wore simple makeup in a neutral palette with black eyeliner. According to InStyle, she used Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Lip Pencil in "#1" and Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer in "#106" on her lips. Her hair was in a classic, low chignon style which was accessorized with a 24 karat gold hair clip that is shaped like a wishbone. This pretty clip was designed by Ana Khouri. Click HERE to see a photo of Dockery from Allure.
4. Kate Mara -
Mara, who played the character Zoe Barnes in the Netflix TV series "House of Cards," wore her hair down in a cute and textured bob. She wore nude lipstick (K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Nude Kate and Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Iconic Nude) and black eyeliner around her eyes. Click HERE to see a photo of Mara from InStyle.
5. Kerry Washington -
Washington, who plays Olivia Pope in the ABC drama "Scandal," wore metallic teal eye shadow. Her makeup artist Carola Gonzalez reportedly used Diorshow Fusion Mono 281 in "Cosmos" and layered it with Neutrogena's "Forever Platinum" shadow to create her unique smoky eyes. Click HERE to see Washington's photo from People.
These are the top 5 prettiest hair and makeup looks from the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. For more updates about fashion, makeup and entertainment, keep reading International Business Times. Read up also on other news at IBTimes, including the latest about technology, business, politics, science, health and sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James