Rita Ora Wanted To Kiss Iggy Azalea on MTV VMA Performance
By Annie Dee | August 28, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Fresh from her breakup with DJ Calvin Harris, Rita Ora found herself being rejected by none other than her friend, Iggy Azalea. Rita shared she wanted to lock lips with Iggy on their VMA performance but the "Fancy" singer did not like the thought as it would almost copy of Britney Spears and Madonna's kissing a few years back in their own VMA performance.
Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Music Video Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
"I said to Iggy we should make out on stage and kiss during our performance," shared the 23-year-old to Sun on a backstage interview. "She told me that would be crazy because it's already been done. Britney Spears and Madonna kissing was my favorite VMA performance ever".
Despite not showing any PDA onstage, their performance was no less powerful. Both the young and powerful singers donning black webbed body suits decked out in glitter and rhinestones gave the performances of their life with their newest single, "Black Widow".
The performance went smoothly. Luckily, no accidents happened like it had when Azalea tumbled off the stage when performing her hit song "Fancy" during a Pre-MTV Video Music Awards benefit concert held a day before the VMAs. Rita Ora expressed her gratitude and relief that nothing happened to her co-performer.
"Bless her", Ora said to Sun. "I was just happy she was OK because, God forbid, we couldn't perform after all that. Can you imagine?"
With her oblivious energy, Ora do not seem like a lady fresh from a breakup. It was no ordinary breakup because it only happened via Twitter. Keeping busy probably made her move on the quicker. Her second studio album is set to be released early next year and she's set to make a big screen debut in Fifty Shades of Grey soon. She also has a Roberto Cavalli ad campaign and she recently launched a new clothing line for Adidas called the "Black Line". And because Rita is not a person to sit around, Global Grind reports that she's already on to the next one called the "Pastel Pack".
She's not a person that easily surrenders just because life gets a little too tough. Rita told Sun that it would take a lot more than just people criticizing her to knock her out. She also said people are forgetting that she's only 23 and already working hard to achieve her dreams, while others are in universities and just having the time of their lives going on dates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage