Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 3:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact
First batch to receive the Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Sony Mobile includes Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Android 4.4.4 KitKat international software has the build version 14.4.A.0.108 while users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are receiving 14.4.A.0.133 from Vodafone. Android 4.4.4 KitKat features the following enhancements and improvements:
- Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
- Updated and improved camera experience
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media apps
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements
Users of Sony Xperia Z1S in the United States are also eligible to Android 4.4.4 KitKat upgrade. It features a new user interface experience, personalised themes, SmartConnect updates, Calendar and Contacts user interface updates, new Movie Creator and Portrait Retouch camera apps.
Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Sony Xperia Z has been spotted at Sony Mobile forums via uploaded image carrying the latest build 10.5.1.A.0.283. PTCRB recently certified this firmware build version and it is compatible to Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z as well.
All of these devices are going to be updated from firmware build version 10.5.A.0.233 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Users at the official forum site of Sony Mobile are expecting bug-fixing patches related to the poor battery performance of the previous update linked to Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
However, there are no reported details yet about the changes, improvements and enhancements of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for older Xperia Z series. Owners can simply expect similar upgrades provided from the change logs on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1S smartphones.
According to the Australian network carrier Telstra, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is expected to be released on September 22. It is currently being scheduled for testing phase which was delayed by Sony for two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown