Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 3:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact
First batch to receive the Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Sony Mobile includes Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Android 4.4.4 KitKat international software has the build version 14.4.A.0.108 while users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are receiving 14.4.A.0.133 from Vodafone. Android 4.4.4 KitKat features the following enhancements and improvements:
- Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
- Updated and improved camera experience
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media apps
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements
Users of Sony Xperia Z1S in the United States are also eligible to Android 4.4.4 KitKat upgrade. It features a new user interface experience, personalised themes, SmartConnect updates, Calendar and Contacts user interface updates, new Movie Creator and Portrait Retouch camera apps.
Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Sony Xperia Z has been spotted at Sony Mobile forums via uploaded image carrying the latest build 10.5.1.A.0.283. PTCRB recently certified this firmware build version and it is compatible to Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z as well.
All of these devices are going to be updated from firmware build version 10.5.A.0.233 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Users at the official forum site of Sony Mobile are expecting bug-fixing patches related to the poor battery performance of the previous update linked to Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
However, there are no reported details yet about the changes, improvements and enhancements of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for older Xperia Z series. Owners can simply expect similar upgrades provided from the change logs on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1S smartphones.
According to the Australian network carrier Telstra, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is expected to be released on September 22. It is currently being scheduled for testing phase which was delayed by Sony for two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles