Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 3:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact
First batch to receive the Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Sony Mobile includes Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Android 4.4.4 KitKat international software has the build version 14.4.A.0.108 while users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are receiving 14.4.A.0.133 from Vodafone. Android 4.4.4 KitKat features the following enhancements and improvements:
- Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
- Updated and improved camera experience
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media apps
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements
Users of Sony Xperia Z1S in the United States are also eligible to Android 4.4.4 KitKat upgrade. It features a new user interface experience, personalised themes, SmartConnect updates, Calendar and Contacts user interface updates, new Movie Creator and Portrait Retouch camera apps.
Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Sony Xperia Z has been spotted at Sony Mobile forums via uploaded image carrying the latest build 10.5.1.A.0.283. PTCRB recently certified this firmware build version and it is compatible to Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z as well.
All of these devices are going to be updated from firmware build version 10.5.A.0.233 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Users at the official forum site of Sony Mobile are expecting bug-fixing patches related to the poor battery performance of the previous update linked to Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
However, there are no reported details yet about the changes, improvements and enhancements of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for older Xperia Z series. Owners can simply expect similar upgrades provided from the change logs on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1S smartphones.
According to the Australian network carrier Telstra, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is expected to be released on September 22. It is currently being scheduled for testing phase which was delayed by Sony for two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Updates: Character Creation On Sept 29, Final Resolution And Dynamic NPC Encounters
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate