Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 3:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact
First batch to receive the Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Sony Mobile includes Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Android 4.4.4 KitKat international software has the build version 14.4.A.0.108 while users in Germany, Spain and the Netherland are receiving 14.4.A.0.133 from Vodafone. Android 4.4.4 KitKat features the following enhancements and improvements:
- Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google
- Updated and improved camera experience
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media apps
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements
Users of Sony Xperia Z1S in the United States are also eligible to Android 4.4.4 KitKat upgrade. It features a new user interface experience, personalised themes, SmartConnect updates, Calendar and Contacts user interface updates, new Movie Creator and Portrait Retouch camera apps.
Sony Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Sony Xperia Z has been spotted at Sony Mobile forums via uploaded image carrying the latest build 10.5.1.A.0.283. PTCRB recently certified this firmware build version and it is compatible to Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z as well.
All of these devices are going to be updated from firmware build version 10.5.A.0.233 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Users at the official forum site of Sony Mobile are expecting bug-fixing patches related to the poor battery performance of the previous update linked to Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
However, there are no reported details yet about the changes, improvements and enhancements of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for older Xperia Z series. Owners can simply expect similar upgrades provided from the change logs on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1S smartphones.
According to the Australian network carrier Telstra, Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is expected to be released on September 22. It is currently being scheduled for testing phase which was delayed by Sony for two weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS