‘Homer Simpson’ Challenges Donald Trump to the Ice Bucket Challenge
By Sachin Trivedi | August 28, 2014 2:52 PM EST
A new video has emerged online featuring the animation character Homer Simpson taking the Ice Bucket challenge and nominating Donald Trump to take-up the challenge within the next 24 hours. The video was uploaded by Animation Domination last Aug 26 and already has over three million views.
Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons," stands on his star with characters Homer (R) and Bart Simpson after the star was unveiled on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California February 14, 2012. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Homer Simpson is seen without his shirt on in his backyard in the video. The character is seen challenging his neighbor, Ned Flanders and his colleague Lenny Leonard. He later challenged billionaire businessman Donald Trump.
Homer Simpson thought he could get away with just one glass of ice cold water but in a twist, which is typical in "The Simpsons" TV show, Bart comes in with a helicopter load of things to throw at his dad.
Homer had not planned for what looks like at least ten buckets of ice cold water with huge blocks of ice, followed by some penguins, a polar bear, a hockey team, a snow man, a couple of snow creatures and others. All this is followed by an Ice cream truck. Click here to see the video.
The Ice Bucket challenge is a campaign to raise awareness about the ALS disease. The challenge requires the participant to get drenched in a bucket of Ice cold water or make a donation or do both. It is unclear if the producers of "The Simpsons" TV show have made a contribution.
The ALS disease is a neurodegenerative disease that affects the brain and the spinal cord. The disease starts with the inability of the brain to control certain muscles as the nerves sending the signals to the muscles degenerate, this leads to the weakening of the muscles. The disease may also lead to death eventually.
Homer Simpson may be one of the first cartoon characters to take-up the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness about the ALS disease. The fellow characters in "The Simpsons" maybe next to take the challenge. The character Ned Flanders is seen as a god fearing do-gooder in the TV series while Lenny is more of a laid back character.
"The Simpsons" is the longest running TV series in television history. The first episode of the show aired in 1989 and has since seen multiple Presidents in the U.S. and changing technology in society. Now with Homer Simpson nominating Donald trump, will the billionaire accept the Ice Bucket challenge?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan