Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
By Erik Pineda | August 28, 2014 2:46 PM EST
Apple will definitely uncloak its flagship smartphone on September 9 along with the rumoured iWatch, a new report said, setting the stage for the actual iPhone 6 release date to happen one week after or September 9 at the latest.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
Recode's John Paczkowski has reported Wednesday this week that three new major Apple devices will see introduction on the second Tuesday of September 2014. "Apple now plans to unveil a new wearable alongside the two next-generation iPhones," said the report.
It was earlier thought that the Sept 9 event is solely about the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 as the iWatch was earlier predicted for a grand peek on October, likely debuting with the bigger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 phablet, Paczkowski noted.
Focusing a bit on the iWatch, the report indicated too that Apple's first wearable mobile computing device will likely deliver on two core features - the HealthKit, which is the company's healthy lifestyle toll, and the HomeKit that allows users to control networked home devices directly from their wrist.
It is understood, however, that any of the iWatch and the two iPhones will not be available right after the unveiling event as previous reports have already indicated that rollout of the smartphones at least will only take place 10 days or a week after.
That would place the iPhone 6 release date between Sept 16 and 19, G4Games said in a report, adding that only the 4.7-inch model will start selling on any of the dates mentioned as 5.5-inch edition will not materialise until after a few months.
In one of his notes issued in the past months, well-known Apple watcher Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities has maintained that the first iOS phablet will be delayed by production challenges and the earliest that the jumbo-sized smartphone will hit the market is December 2014.
Also, the iWatch is not expected to become readily available with the smaller 2014 iPhone so it is likely that the Apple smartwatch is scheduled to come out of the box at around the same time that the iPhone 6 phablet will start its commercial debut.
These refreshes for Apple's iOS tablet line up will possibly be ready to use by early November this year or a few weeks following the Sept 19 iPhone 6 release date.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan