Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
By Erik Pineda | August 28, 2014 2:46 PM EST
Apple will definitely uncloak its flagship smartphone on September 9 along with the rumoured iWatch, a new report said, setting the stage for the actual iPhone 6 release date to happen one week after or September 9 at the latest.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
Recode's John Paczkowski has reported Wednesday this week that three new major Apple devices will see introduction on the second Tuesday of September 2014. "Apple now plans to unveil a new wearable alongside the two next-generation iPhones," said the report.
It was earlier thought that the Sept 9 event is solely about the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 as the iWatch was earlier predicted for a grand peek on October, likely debuting with the bigger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 phablet, Paczkowski noted.
Focusing a bit on the iWatch, the report indicated too that Apple's first wearable mobile computing device will likely deliver on two core features - the HealthKit, which is the company's healthy lifestyle toll, and the HomeKit that allows users to control networked home devices directly from their wrist.
It is understood, however, that any of the iWatch and the two iPhones will not be available right after the unveiling event as previous reports have already indicated that rollout of the smartphones at least will only take place 10 days or a week after.
That would place the iPhone 6 release date between Sept 16 and 19, G4Games said in a report, adding that only the 4.7-inch model will start selling on any of the dates mentioned as 5.5-inch edition will not materialise until after a few months.
In one of his notes issued in the past months, well-known Apple watcher Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities has maintained that the first iOS phablet will be delayed by production challenges and the earliest that the jumbo-sized smartphone will hit the market is December 2014.
Also, the iWatch is not expected to become readily available with the smaller 2014 iPhone so it is likely that the Apple smartwatch is scheduled to come out of the box at around the same time that the iPhone 6 phablet will start its commercial debut.
These refreshes for Apple's iOS tablet line up will possibly be ready to use by early November this year or a few weeks following the Sept 19 iPhone 6 release date.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists