Uma Thurman Comes Clean About Her Relationship with Quentin Tarantino
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 2:18 PM EST
Uma Thurman has finally addressed her real relationship with her “Kill Bill” director Quentin Tarantino.
In May, reports of Uma and Quentin dating hit the papers. Apparently, the two had a thing for each other for years, but only got together recently after the 44-year-old actress called off her engagement with Arpad Busson.
Director Quentin Tarantino (L) and actress Uma Thurman pose on the red carpet as they arrive at the closing ceremony of the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 24, 2014.
Uma and the Academy Award-winning filmmaker, 51, were seen holding hands at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival in France. They even reportedly shared a villa together.
They were inseparable on the red carpet premiere of “Clouds of Sils Maria,” and had attended the closing ceremony of the film festival together the next day.
Uma had been married twice, first to Gary Oldman in 1990, then to Ethan Hawke in 1998. She was engaged twice as well to Busson, and their last breakup was in April 2014. She has two children with Hawke, and one with Busson.
Quentin, on the other hand, has never been married. He has previously denied having a relationship with Uma in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine in 2004, although the rumours have started once again this year.
In an interview with Vs. Magazine, Uma has finally spoken up about her alleged romance with Quentin.
“I was discussing [the rumours] with Mr Tarantino last night,” she said. “He was angry at me for not calling him back because, as he said, ‘According to the papers we are practically married!’ and he laughed hysterically.
“So our relationship is pretty much what it’s always been; people are just having fun with it.”
Uma and Quentin have worked together in three films, the highly successful “Pulp Fiction” and both Volumes 1 and 2 of “Kill Bill.”
The actress is currently filming an upcoming dramedy by director John Wells. The untitled project will also star Bradley Cooper, Jamie Dornan, Emma Thompson and Sienna Miller.
Quentin’s next project is “The Hateful Eight.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness