Uma Thurman Comes Clean About Her Relationship with Quentin Tarantino
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 2:18 PM EST
Uma Thurman has finally addressed her real relationship with her “Kill Bill” director Quentin Tarantino.
In May, reports of Uma and Quentin dating hit the papers. Apparently, the two had a thing for each other for years, but only got together recently after the 44-year-old actress called off her engagement with Arpad Busson.
Director Quentin Tarantino (L) and actress Uma Thurman pose on the red carpet as they arrive at the closing ceremony of the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 24, 2014.
Uma and the Academy Award-winning filmmaker, 51, were seen holding hands at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival in France. They even reportedly shared a villa together.
They were inseparable on the red carpet premiere of “Clouds of Sils Maria,” and had attended the closing ceremony of the film festival together the next day.
Uma had been married twice, first to Gary Oldman in 1990, then to Ethan Hawke in 1998. She was engaged twice as well to Busson, and their last breakup was in April 2014. She has two children with Hawke, and one with Busson.
Quentin, on the other hand, has never been married. He has previously denied having a relationship with Uma in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine in 2004, although the rumours have started once again this year.
In an interview with Vs. Magazine, Uma has finally spoken up about her alleged romance with Quentin.
“I was discussing [the rumours] with Mr Tarantino last night,” she said. “He was angry at me for not calling him back because, as he said, ‘According to the papers we are practically married!’ and he laughed hysterically.
“So our relationship is pretty much what it’s always been; people are just having fun with it.”
Uma and Quentin have worked together in three films, the highly successful “Pulp Fiction” and both Volumes 1 and 2 of “Kill Bill.”
The actress is currently filming an upcoming dramedy by director John Wells. The untitled project will also star Bradley Cooper, Jamie Dornan, Emma Thompson and Sienna Miller.
Quentin’s next project is “The Hateful Eight.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced