'Sons of Guns,' Discovery Channel Show Cancelled: Cast Member William Hayden Faces Child Rape Charges
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 1:31 PM EST
Discovery channel has cancelled its show "Sons of Guns" after one of its cast members William Hayden is slapped with fresh charges of raping his now 12-year-old daughter. All further production of the show has reportedly been halted with immediate effect. Hayden was arrested on Tuesday after an investigation showed that he is allegedly guilty of raping his own child.
"Given the serious and horrific nature of the charges against Will Hayden, we have decided to halt further production of 'Sons of Guns' and cancel the series," a Discovery Channel rep told TMZ Wednesday.
Hayden was earlier charged with molestation and the new charges of rape were slapped on to him after his teenage daughter revealed to law that Hayden stopped her from telling the truth to anyone. "Don't tell them nothing, because I'm all you got," the 49-year-old told his daughter to intimidate her, reveals the website.
Hayden first took her daughter's virginity in March 2013 when she was just 11-years-old, reveal various court documents obtained by TMZ. Following the horrific incident, it became a norm for Hayden to rape her daughter "orally and vaginally almost daily," the documents allege.
Hayden's horrific nature of crime first came into picture on Aug. 9 when he was arrested for molestation of a juvenile and aggravated crimes against nature. The "Sons of Gun" actor was released following a $150,000 bond.
Hayden's lawyer then revealed to Fox News that the charges against his client are false and they have risen because of a tiff the actor had with his ex-girlfriend. Hayden's ex-girlfriend also happens to be the mother of the 12-year-old child who claims to have been raped. The lawyer then told the channel that she is pressing charges against Hayden to "take revenge" from him. No new statements have come up from Hayden's lawyer as of now.
"Sons of Guns" first aired on the Discovery Channel in 2011 and follows Hayden's life at a gun store called Red Jacket Firearms in Louisiana. The Discovery Channel's reality show is based on how Hayden deals in buying, selling, designing and rebuilding of the firearms.
Following the fresh rape charges, the firearms company too swerved off all ties with Hayden by releasing the following statement. "With heavy hearts, we will be continuing to operate and ensure the fulfillment of new customer orders, back orders and to provide support to those affected by these new developments."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate