'Assassins Creed Unity' Features Update: NPC Camouflage, Advanced Parkour, And More
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 12:47 PM EST
"Assassins Creed Unity" will be out for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on Oct. 28. Ahead of its much-anticipated release, a video gameplay was already spotted online. It shows some new features of the game, including advanced parkour capabilities and the ability for players to do a quick camouflage in their environment.
A man plays the game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" on stage at the Ubisoft Media Briefing in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014.
A beta video of the game was leaked by YouTube user nivek elia and posted by DSO Gaming online. Unfortunately, the video has been removed for copyright purposes. However, another footage (below) from the same source shows the amazing parkour feature in "Assassins Creed Unity."
According to Cinema Blend, the leaked gameplay showcased the 11-minute footage of Arno's first mission for the Brotherhood. Among the notable highlights spotted during the player's bout of "goofy stuff" was the parkour. According to writer William Usher, who is one of the first few lucky viewers of the leaked video, "Assassins Creed Unity" features seamless free-running movements.
Since 2007, Ubisoft has reportedly been trying to achieve a natural look to the game feature, and it has finally paid off as evidenced on the leaked gameplay. Usher claims "Assassins Creed Unity" shows none of those "herky-herky" transitions in animations compared to what the players would often see from previous game titles. Arno's parkour as he moves from ledges to platforms reportedly looks natural that according to the writer, it "adds to the immersion of the character and his movements."
Another highlight worth mentioning is the quick turnaround time for the player's ability to camouflage. On the video Usher claims the player was able to disguise himself as an NPC "right there on the fly." This feature will reportedly be a good strategy in deceiving pursuers.
Eurogamer also claims some levels in "Assassins Creed Unity" will feature familiar faces of Assassins and Templars from other time periods aside from those of the French Revolution Paris. These include Assassin's Creed 1's Altaïr, Assassin's Creed 2's Ezio, Embers' Shao Jun, 3's Haytham, Liberation's Aveline and 4's Edward Kenway (see photo from the site).
According to the game tester, the player's "goal is to is collect data on the map to find the location of a trapped assassin on the map."
Ubisoft reportedly declined to comment on the leaked "Assassins Creed Unity" video gameplay when contacted by Eurogamer.
Source: YouTube/nivek elia
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28