HTC One Mini 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 28, 2014 12:47 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One Mini 2 or the Samsung Galaxy S3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A man is silhouetted against a video screen with Vodafone and Verizon texts as he poses with a Samsung Galaxy S3 in this photo illustration taken in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, September 3, 2013. Picture taken September 3. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic
Display and Design
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a 4.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Mini 2 has 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 306 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy S3.
The HTC One Mini 2 measures 137.4 x 65 x 10.6 mm and weighs 137 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S3 has a similar design. The device measures 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm and weighs 133 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One Mini 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core Cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC One Mini 2 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Samsung Galaxy S3 runs on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which can be upgraded to the Jelly Bean version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM.
The HTC One Mini 2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Samsung Galaxy S3 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours and 10 minutes on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 11 hours and 40 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One Mini 2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $439.95. The Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $349.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier