Sony Xperia Z Leaked Android 4.4.4 KitKat Screenshot Hints Upcoming Update Rollout
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Users of older Xperia Z devices such as the 2013 flagship Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z can finally expect the official rollout of Android 4.4.4 KitKat soon after a leaked screenshot has been posted at Sony Mobile forums detailing the same firmware build version certified by PTCRB.
Based on the image posted by the uploader, the alleged Sony Xperia Z C6603 runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware with build version 10.5.1.A.0.283 similar to what was certified by PTCRB recently among older Xperia Z devices.
At the official website of PTCRB, 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware build version is the latest certification for Xperia Z C6603, Xperia ZL C6503, Xperia ZR C5502 and M36h, and Xperia Tablet Z LTE SGP 321. It will update these Xperia Z devices from 10.5.A.0.233 and obviously bringing the latest version of Android KitKat.
In addition to expected default features of Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Google and service integration from Sony Mobile, users are expecting a fix on the major issue regarding battery performance of the previous firmware build on older Xperia Z devices. The battery problem confirmed by Sony Mobile is apparently linked to the Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Features
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware from Sony Mobile is already available to some Xperia Z devices such as Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Here are the details of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z1 smartphone according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
- Updated and improved camera experience.
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming.
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media applications.
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Regarding the release date of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z, only Telstra gave the hint of its rollout. Software support Web page of the network carrier noted that Sony Xperia Z in Australia is expected to receive the new firmware update on September 22 and currently being scheduled for testing phase.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report