Sony Xperia Z Leaked Android 4.4.4 KitKat Screenshot Hints Upcoming Update Rollout
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Users of older Xperia Z devices such as the 2013 flagship Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z can finally expect the official rollout of Android 4.4.4 KitKat soon after a leaked screenshot has been posted at Sony Mobile forums detailing the same firmware build version certified by PTCRB.
Based on the image posted by the uploader, the alleged Sony Xperia Z C6603 runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware with build version 10.5.1.A.0.283 similar to what was certified by PTCRB recently among older Xperia Z devices.
At the official website of PTCRB, 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware build version is the latest certification for Xperia Z C6603, Xperia ZL C6503, Xperia ZR C5502 and M36h, and Xperia Tablet Z LTE SGP 321. It will update these Xperia Z devices from 10.5.A.0.233 and obviously bringing the latest version of Android KitKat.
In addition to expected default features of Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Google and service integration from Sony Mobile, users are expecting a fix on the major issue regarding battery performance of the previous firmware build on older Xperia Z devices. The battery problem confirmed by Sony Mobile is apparently linked to the Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Features
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware from Sony Mobile is already available to some Xperia Z devices such as Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Here are the details of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z1 smartphone according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
- Updated and improved camera experience.
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming.
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media applications.
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Regarding the release date of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z, only Telstra gave the hint of its rollout. Software support Web page of the network carrier noted that Sony Xperia Z in Australia is expected to receive the new firmware update on September 22 and currently being scheduled for testing phase.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China