Sony Xperia Z Leaked Android 4.4.4 KitKat Screenshot Hints Upcoming Update Rollout
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Users of older Xperia Z devices such as the 2013 flagship Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z can finally expect the official rollout of Android 4.4.4 KitKat soon after a leaked screenshot has been posted at Sony Mobile forums detailing the same firmware build version certified by PTCRB.
Based on the image posted by the uploader, the alleged Sony Xperia Z C6603 runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware with build version 10.5.1.A.0.283 similar to what was certified by PTCRB recently among older Xperia Z devices.
At the official website of PTCRB, 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware build version is the latest certification for Xperia Z C6603, Xperia ZL C6503, Xperia ZR C5502 and M36h, and Xperia Tablet Z LTE SGP 321. It will update these Xperia Z devices from 10.5.A.0.233 and obviously bringing the latest version of Android KitKat.
In addition to expected default features of Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Google and service integration from Sony Mobile, users are expecting a fix on the major issue regarding battery performance of the previous firmware build on older Xperia Z devices. The battery problem confirmed by Sony Mobile is apparently linked to the Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Features
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware from Sony Mobile is already available to some Xperia Z devices such as Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Here are the details of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z1 smartphone according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
- Updated and improved camera experience.
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming.
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media applications.
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Regarding the release date of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z, only Telstra gave the hint of its rollout. Software support Web page of the network carrier noted that Sony Xperia Z in Australia is expected to receive the new firmware update on September 22 and currently being scheduled for testing phase.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown