Sony Xperia Z Leaked Android 4.4.4 KitKat Screenshot Hints Upcoming Update Rollout
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Users of older Xperia Z devices such as the 2013 flagship Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z can finally expect the official rollout of Android 4.4.4 KitKat soon after a leaked screenshot has been posted at Sony Mobile forums detailing the same firmware build version certified by PTCRB.
Based on the image posted by the uploader, the alleged Sony Xperia Z C6603 runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware with build version 10.5.1.A.0.283 similar to what was certified by PTCRB recently among older Xperia Z devices.
At the official website of PTCRB, 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware build version is the latest certification for Xperia Z C6603, Xperia ZL C6503, Xperia ZR C5502 and M36h, and Xperia Tablet Z LTE SGP 321. It will update these Xperia Z devices from 10.5.A.0.233 and obviously bringing the latest version of Android KitKat.
In addition to expected default features of Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Google and service integration from Sony Mobile, users are expecting a fix on the major issue regarding battery performance of the previous firmware build on older Xperia Z devices. The battery problem confirmed by Sony Mobile is apparently linked to the Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Features
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware from Sony Mobile is already available to some Xperia Z devices such as Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Here are the details of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z1 smartphone according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
- Updated and improved camera experience.
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming.
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media applications.
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Regarding the release date of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z, only Telstra gave the hint of its rollout. Software support Web page of the network carrier noted that Sony Xperia Z in Australia is expected to receive the new firmware update on September 22 and currently being scheduled for testing phase.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit