Sony Xperia Z Leaked Android 4.4.4 KitKat Screenshot Hints Upcoming Update Rollout
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 12:44 PM EST
Users of older Xperia Z devices such as the 2013 flagship Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z can finally expect the official rollout of Android 4.4.4 KitKat soon after a leaked screenshot has been posted at Sony Mobile forums detailing the same firmware build version certified by PTCRB.
Based on the image posted by the uploader, the alleged Sony Xperia Z C6603 runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware with build version 10.5.1.A.0.283 similar to what was certified by PTCRB recently among older Xperia Z devices.
At the official website of PTCRB, 10.5.1.A.0.283 firmware build version is the latest certification for Xperia Z C6603, Xperia ZL C6503, Xperia ZR C5502 and M36h, and Xperia Tablet Z LTE SGP 321. It will update these Xperia Z devices from 10.5.A.0.233 and obviously bringing the latest version of Android KitKat.
In addition to expected default features of Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Google and service integration from Sony Mobile, users are expecting a fix on the major issue regarding battery performance of the previous firmware build on older Xperia Z devices. The battery problem confirmed by Sony Mobile is apparently linked to the Google Play Services version 4.4.52.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Features
Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware from Sony Mobile is already available to some Xperia Z devices such as Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Here are the details of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z1 smartphone according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
- Updated and improved camera experience.
- Improvements to Google Voice, Google+, Contacts and music streaming.
- Latest versions of all Sony native and media applications.
- Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Regarding the release date of Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z, only Telstra gave the hint of its rollout. Software support Web page of the network carrier noted that Sony Xperia Z in Australia is expected to receive the new firmware update on September 22 and currently being scheduled for testing phase.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family