‘The Bachelor’ 2015 Revealed: Find Out Who Is The Next Bachelor; Arie Luyendyk Jr. And Andi Dorfman React To The News
By jaskiran kaur | August 28, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Ever since "The Bachelorette" ended, fans have been eager for the big announcement to be made. Almost after a month of the show's finale, the big revelation was made on ABC's TV show "Good Morning America" and it was announced that Chris Soules -the contestant from Andi Dorfman's season of "The Bachelorette"- will be leading "The Bachelor" 2015 (Season 19).
"Coming from a small town, I'd never really expected to have this opportunity to be on either show let alone be the lead on 'The Bachelor,' so it's been awesome. I'm humbled, flattered, grateful," Chris Soules told the host of "Good Morning America" (via ABC.go.now).
Chris Soules is a 32-year-old farmer from Iowa. The bachelor was one of the three finalists on Andi Dorfman's season of "The Bachelorette." He was eliminated in episode 9, even before Andi Dorfman opened the fantasy suite card for him.
After being rejected by Andi Dorfman, Chris Soules believes he is now ready to take second chance at finding true love. "That's why I'm doing it," the bachelor said on the show.
After the news broke out, Chris Soules took to Twitter to address his fans in question and answer session. During the session he revealed that he has been able to "remain friends" with Andi Dorfman. He thanked his fans for interacting with him and expressed his excitment about starring in "The Bachelor" 2015.
Chris Soules wrote on "Good Morning America" Twitter account:
Thank you for all of your questions! I'm really excited to be the Bachelor. Wish me luck. Hope you watch the new season in Jan. -@c_soules
— Good Morning America (@GMA) August 27, 2014
Meanwhile, fans know that Chris Soules was not the only frontrunner for "The Bachelor" 2015. Arie Luyendyk Jr. was also being eyed for the job of the next bachelor. The bachelor from Emily Maynard's season of "The Bachelorette" posted a series of tweets on Twitter responding to the news. Arie Luyendyk Jr.'s tweets on Twitter read:
I'm not the Bachelor, have fun on the farm people ✌️ — Arie Luyendyk Jr. (@ariejr) August 26, 2014
"Thanks for the kind words everyone. It wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with it. Happy I can move forward," Thanks for the kind words everyone. It wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with it. Happy I can move forward 🙌
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with it. Happy I can move forward 🙌— Arie Luyendyk Jr. (@ariejr) wrote Arie Luyendyk Jr. on Twitter.
Meanwhile, a source told Us Weekly that Arie Luyendyk is "pissed" and "not happy" for not being chosen as the next bachelor leading "The Bachelor" 2015. Given that Chris Soules comes from a small town and leads a farmer's life, the source told the publication that the Season 19 of "The Bachelor" will be "different from other seasons." Viewers can reportedly expect "some fun, pleasant surprises. The one person who is happy about Chris Soules getting the most coveted job at "The Bachelor" 2015 is his ex Andi Dorfman. The bachelorette took to Twitter to congratulate Chris Soules after the big news broke out. She wrote:
Congrats to the new Bachelor, C_Soules! So excited for you!!! Some woman is going to be very lucky if she wins that heart of yours!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS