‘GTA V’ 'Heists' And 'Zombies' DLC Update: Release Date Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 12:16 PM EST
While fans await the release of "Grand Theft Auto V" for the next-gen consoles, more and more details of possible downloadable contents for the game have made the rounds on the Internet.
A promotion for the computer game "Grand Theft Auto Five" is shown in a Game Stop gaming store in Encinitas, California September 17, 2013. The launch of "Grand Theft Auto Five" comes at a time when then $66 billion video game industry, which has been struggling with flagging sales, is expecting a shot in the arm from holiday game releases and new game hardware like Sony's PlayStation 4 and Microsoft's Xbox One.
According to International Digital Times, the recent cover of PlayStation magazine suggests another DLC could have players fighting zombies. The YouTube video below from DomisLive gives fans a glimpse of what the possible "GTA V" zombie DLC looks like. It also gives an analysis on what the content may mean for the game series.
However, the site suspects the zombie DLC could be console-exclusive. Kotuku's Stephen Totilo previously spoke with PlayStation's North American marketing vice president, John Koller, about possible perks for "GTA V" for the PS4. The zombie DLC could be among the special treat for PlayStation 4 owners. Although Koller's statement about the game franchise is a little vague, he did say that "GTA V" and the "GTA" franchise is something that will be something very special on PlayStation."
When asked if there would be a "particular offering" that would best be suited played on PlayStation 4, Koller assured fans of its possibility.
"I don't think we announced anything publicly on that, but there will be," he said.
The "GTA V" zombie DLC is rumoured for release sometime in October or November, according to International Digital Times. However, Rockstar or Sony has yet to release an official statement on its release date.
Meanwhile, the release for "Heists," the downloadable content for "Grand Theft Auto V Online" is confirmed to be delayed. An administrator at Rockstar Games has issued an apology explaining the reasons for the delay.
"We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated. We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can," the administrator said.
"Heists" dedicated site AreTheHeistsThereYet.com also counted down the days from the release of "GTA Online" up until the release date of the DLC. The site claims it's already been 332 days as of this writing and still no "Heists."
Rockstar reportedly addressed the clamour from fans for the DLC release by introducing the "I'm Not a Hipster" update, which features new jobs, cars and new customization options.
However, the update is said to be a far cry from the anticipated DLC that players are getting impatient. After all, "Heists" promises great gameplay since players can partake in missions, which reportedly includes Prison Van Rescue, Drop Off Hooker, Funeral, Territory Takeover, Flight Gangmate, Cop Territory, Ornate Bank Heists, and FIB Grab.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles