Beyonce and Jay Z’s Divorce Rumours Were a Trick to Hike Tour Ticket Sales, Claims Dad Matthew Knowles
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Reports of Beyonce and Jay Z’s impending divorce were started by the power couple’s team to spike their tour’s ticket sales, according to her dad Matthew Knowles.
Bey and Jay are currently on their “On the Run” joint tour, which has been going really. While both Beyonce and Jay Z are sold-out performers individually, their shows’ commercial success is apparently due to the persistent divorce rumours that have been plaguing them for months.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Matthew, Bey’s dad and former manager, claimed on the “Roula & Ryan” radio show in Houston earlier this week that the rumour isn’t hurting the couple. In fact, it is actually helping them, perhaps even suggesting that they started it.
“I know because we’ve done this,” he said. “So you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It’s called the Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot.”
The divorce rumours started after the security footage of Solange Knowles (Beyonce’s sister and Matthew’s daughter) and Jay Z’s elevator fight was leaked online. In the video released by TMZ, Solange is seen physically assaulting her brother-in-law, while Beyonce just calmly looks on.
According to some reports, Solange saw Jay Z flirting with another woman prior to that incident. She attacked him to defend her sister, that’s why Beyonce didn’t stop her from hitting her husband.
The real reason for their altercation is still unclear, but that didn’t stop people from speculating that Beyonce and Jay Z’s marriage is on the decline.
When Matthew was asked on the radio show if the elevator fight was also staged just to help the “On the Run” ticket sales, he answered, “All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200 per cent.”
Bey and Jay attempted to stop the divorce rumours on Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards with a kiss. Jay Z took their daughter, 2-year-old Blue Ivy, on stage to hand Beyonce the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award after her thrilling performance. The trio celebrated her accolade by showing a united front, with the couple even kissing on the lips.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage