Beyonce and Jay Z’s Divorce Rumours Were a Trick to Hike Tour Ticket Sales, Claims Dad Matthew Knowles
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Reports of Beyonce and Jay Z’s impending divorce were started by the power couple’s team to spike their tour’s ticket sales, according to her dad Matthew Knowles.
Bey and Jay are currently on their “On the Run” joint tour, which has been going really. While both Beyonce and Jay Z are sold-out performers individually, their shows’ commercial success is apparently due to the persistent divorce rumours that have been plaguing them for months.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Matthew, Bey’s dad and former manager, claimed on the “Roula & Ryan” radio show in Houston earlier this week that the rumour isn’t hurting the couple. In fact, it is actually helping them, perhaps even suggesting that they started it.
“I know because we’ve done this,” he said. “So you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It’s called the Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot.”
The divorce rumours started after the security footage of Solange Knowles (Beyonce’s sister and Matthew’s daughter) and Jay Z’s elevator fight was leaked online. In the video released by TMZ, Solange is seen physically assaulting her brother-in-law, while Beyonce just calmly looks on.
According to some reports, Solange saw Jay Z flirting with another woman prior to that incident. She attacked him to defend her sister, that’s why Beyonce didn’t stop her from hitting her husband.
The real reason for their altercation is still unclear, but that didn’t stop people from speculating that Beyonce and Jay Z’s marriage is on the decline.
When Matthew was asked on the radio show if the elevator fight was also staged just to help the “On the Run” ticket sales, he answered, “All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200 per cent.”
Bey and Jay attempted to stop the divorce rumours on Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards with a kiss. Jay Z took their daughter, 2-year-old Blue Ivy, on stage to hand Beyonce the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award after her thrilling performance. The trio celebrated her accolade by showing a united front, with the couple even kissing on the lips.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination