Beyonce and Jay Z’s Divorce Rumours Were a Trick to Hike Tour Ticket Sales, Claims Dad Matthew Knowles
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Reports of Beyonce and Jay Z’s impending divorce were started by the power couple’s team to spike their tour’s ticket sales, according to her dad Matthew Knowles.
Bey and Jay are currently on their “On the Run” joint tour, which has been going really. While both Beyonce and Jay Z are sold-out performers individually, their shows’ commercial success is apparently due to the persistent divorce rumours that have been plaguing them for months.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Matthew, Bey’s dad and former manager, claimed on the “Roula & Ryan” radio show in Houston earlier this week that the rumour isn’t hurting the couple. In fact, it is actually helping them, perhaps even suggesting that they started it.
“I know because we’ve done this,” he said. “So you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It’s called the Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot.”
The divorce rumours started after the security footage of Solange Knowles (Beyonce’s sister and Matthew’s daughter) and Jay Z’s elevator fight was leaked online. In the video released by TMZ, Solange is seen physically assaulting her brother-in-law, while Beyonce just calmly looks on.
According to some reports, Solange saw Jay Z flirting with another woman prior to that incident. She attacked him to defend her sister, that’s why Beyonce didn’t stop her from hitting her husband.
The real reason for their altercation is still unclear, but that didn’t stop people from speculating that Beyonce and Jay Z’s marriage is on the decline.
When Matthew was asked on the radio show if the elevator fight was also staged just to help the “On the Run” ticket sales, he answered, “All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200 per cent.”
Bey and Jay attempted to stop the divorce rumours on Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards with a kiss. Jay Z took their daughter, 2-year-old Blue Ivy, on stage to hand Beyonce the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award after her thrilling performance. The trio celebrated her accolade by showing a united front, with the couple even kissing on the lips.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate