Beyonce and Jay Z’s Divorce Rumours Were a Trick to Hike Tour Ticket Sales, Claims Dad Matthew Knowles
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Reports of Beyonce and Jay Z’s impending divorce were started by the power couple’s team to spike their tour’s ticket sales, according to her dad Matthew Knowles.
Bey and Jay are currently on their “On the Run” joint tour, which has been going really. While both Beyonce and Jay Z are sold-out performers individually, their shows’ commercial success is apparently due to the persistent divorce rumours that have been plaguing them for months.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Matthew, Bey’s dad and former manager, claimed on the “Roula & Ryan” radio show in Houston earlier this week that the rumour isn’t hurting the couple. In fact, it is actually helping them, perhaps even suggesting that they started it.
“I know because we’ve done this,” he said. “So you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It’s called the Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot.”
The divorce rumours started after the security footage of Solange Knowles (Beyonce’s sister and Matthew’s daughter) and Jay Z’s elevator fight was leaked online. In the video released by TMZ, Solange is seen physically assaulting her brother-in-law, while Beyonce just calmly looks on.
According to some reports, Solange saw Jay Z flirting with another woman prior to that incident. She attacked him to defend her sister, that’s why Beyonce didn’t stop her from hitting her husband.
The real reason for their altercation is still unclear, but that didn’t stop people from speculating that Beyonce and Jay Z’s marriage is on the decline.
When Matthew was asked on the radio show if the elevator fight was also staged just to help the “On the Run” ticket sales, he answered, “All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200 per cent.”
Bey and Jay attempted to stop the divorce rumours on Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards with a kiss. Jay Z took their daughter, 2-year-old Blue Ivy, on stage to hand Beyonce the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award after her thrilling performance. The trio celebrated her accolade by showing a united front, with the couple even kissing on the lips.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2