Beyonce and Jay Z’s Divorce Rumours Were a Trick to Hike Tour Ticket Sales, Claims Dad Matthew Knowles
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Reports of Beyonce and Jay Z’s impending divorce were started by the power couple’s team to spike their tour’s ticket sales, according to her dad Matthew Knowles.
Bey and Jay are currently on their “On the Run” joint tour, which has been going really. While both Beyonce and Jay Z are sold-out performers individually, their shows’ commercial success is apparently due to the persistent divorce rumours that have been plaguing them for months.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Matthew, Bey’s dad and former manager, claimed on the “Roula & Ryan” radio show in Houston earlier this week that the rumour isn’t hurting the couple. In fact, it is actually helping them, perhaps even suggesting that they started it.
“I know because we’ve done this,” he said. “So you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It’s called the Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot.”
The divorce rumours started after the security footage of Solange Knowles (Beyonce’s sister and Matthew’s daughter) and Jay Z’s elevator fight was leaked online. In the video released by TMZ, Solange is seen physically assaulting her brother-in-law, while Beyonce just calmly looks on.
According to some reports, Solange saw Jay Z flirting with another woman prior to that incident. She attacked him to defend her sister, that’s why Beyonce didn’t stop her from hitting her husband.
The real reason for their altercation is still unclear, but that didn’t stop people from speculating that Beyonce and Jay Z’s marriage is on the decline.
When Matthew was asked on the radio show if the elevator fight was also staged just to help the “On the Run” ticket sales, he answered, “All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200 per cent.”
Bey and Jay attempted to stop the divorce rumours on Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards with a kiss. Jay Z took their daughter, 2-year-old Blue Ivy, on stage to hand Beyonce the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award after her thrilling performance. The trio celebrated her accolade by showing a united front, with the couple even kissing on the lips.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown