OnePlus One vs. iPhone 4S: Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 28, 2014 11:04 AM EST
An employee poses as he holds Apple's iPhone 4s (L) and Samsung's Galaxy S III at a store in Seoul August 24, 2012. Samsung Electronics Co's flagship Galaxy smartphone looks very similar to Apple's iPhone, but the South Korean firm has not violated the iPhone design, a Seoul court ruled on Friday. The South Korean ruling comes as the two technology titans are locked in a high-stakes global patent battle that mirrors a fierce rivalry for industry supremacy between two companies that control more than half the world's smartphone sales. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Display and Design
The OnePlus One comes with a 5.5-inch LTPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The iPhone 4S comes with a 3.5-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 640 x 960 pixels. The OnePLus One has a slight edge in this category with 401 ppi pixels display density compared to the 330 ppi pixels display density on the iPhone 4S.
The OnePlus One measures 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 162 grams. The iPhone 4S is comparatively smaller, narrower and lighter. The device measures 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm and weighs 140 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The OnePlus One is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The iPhone 4S is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor and Apple A5 chipset. It comes in 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The OnePlus One runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPhone 4S runs on the iOS 5 operating system, which can be upgraded to the iOS 7 version. The device has 512 MB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the OnePlus One is the clear winner.
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The iPhone 4S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The OnePlus One comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery and the iPhone 4S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1432 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
Both the devices are availabe for purchace in Australia. The OnePlus One 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $549.95. The iPhone 4S 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $899.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $909.95.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia